August 19, 1946 – November 24, 2018
Funeral service for Johnny “John” Ray Hunter of Jacksonville, will be 11:00 am, Tuesday, November 27, 2018, at Chapel Hill Funeral Home. Burial will follow at the Alabama National Cemetery in Montevallo. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service. John received his angel wings on November 24, 2018
John is survived by his wife of 43 years, Linda Knight Hunter; sons, Johnny R. Hunter Jr. (Rosario) of El Paso, TX, Charles McClellan of Birmingham, AL, Micheal Hunter (Jennifer) of Weaver, AL, and Timothy Hunter (Tania) of Conn.; sister, Barbara Scott of Moody, AL; thirteen grandchildren; eight great grandchildren; sister-in-law, Brenda Alred (Rickey); brother-in-law, Charles Knight (Sharon) and numerous nieces and nephews.
John was preceded in death by his parents, Olen and Annie Hunter; daughter, Kathy Jones; brothers, Noah, Billy and Jack.
John loved watching college football and Fox News. He proudly served 22 years in the Army and completed two tours of duty in Vietnam. John loved singing gospel music and playing his guitar. He was a member of Choccolocco Community Church. John was a loving husband, father, brother and friend. He was a kind gentle soul.
- Linda Knight Hunter, Wife
- Johnny R (Rosario) Hunter Jr, Son
- Charles McClellan, Son
- Micheal (Jennifer) Hunter, Son
- Timothy (Tania) Hunter, Son
- Barbara Scott, Sister
- Brenda (Rickey) Alred, Sister-in-law
- Charles (Sharon) Knight, Brother-in-law
- Olen Hunter, Father
- Annie Hunter, Mother
- Kathy Jones, Daughter
- Noah Hunter, Brother
- Billy Hunter, Brother
- Jack Hunter, Brother
- thirteen grandchildren; eight great grandchildren, numerous nieces and nephews
- Visitation Tuesday, November 27, 2018
- Funeral Service Tuesday, November 27, 2018