Lyda Marie Mitchell
November 8, 1921 – March 7, 2018
Funeral services for Lyda Marie Mitchell, 96, of Anniston, will be 2 pm Saturday, March 10, 2018 at Gray Brown-Service Chapel with Rev. Randy Huddleston and Rev. Sheree Elliott officiating. Burial will follow at Crook Cemetery. The family will receive friends on Saturday from 1 – 2 pm at the funeral home. Miss Mitchell passed away Wednesday morning at her residence surrounded by family and friends.
Survivors include sister, Polly Bruce; brothers, Norman Mitchell (Jackie); and Gorden Mitchell (Ruth); a number of nieces and nephews and special caregivers.
Miss Mitchell was preceded in death by her parents, Walter and Mae Mitchell; sister, Della Robinett; and brothers, James and Eugene Mitchell.
Pallbearers will be Chris Blevins, Mike Bruce, Brent Mitchell, Butch Mitchell, Gary Mitchell, Greg Mitchell, Tim Reid, Dennis Robinett and David Robinett. Honorary Pallbearers will be caregivers: Kaye Turley, Stephanie McDonald, Judy Bennett, Vickie Holley, Tori Gaddy, Tina Levesque and Barbara Wright.
Miss Mitchell was a member of Eulaton First Baptist Church and taught children’s Sunday School for many years. She retired from Classic Ribbon (Offray) after over forty years of service. Lyda was loved by her family and friends and will be greatly missed. Special thanks are expressed to Alacare Home Health and Hospice of Anniston.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Eulaton First Baptist Church, 1805 Gate 8 Road, Anniston, AL 36201.
- Polly Bruce, Sister
- Norman Mitchell (Jackie), Brother
- Gorden Mitchell (Ruth), Brother
- Nieces & Nephews & Special Caregivers, Numerous
- Walter & Mae Mitchell, Parents
- Della Robinett, Sister
- James Mitchell, Brother
- Eugene Mitchell, Brother
- Chris Blevins, Active Pallbearer
- Mike Bruce, Active Pallbearer
- Brent Mitchell, Active Pallbearer
- Butch Mitchell, Active Pallbearer
- Gary Mitchell, Active Pallbearer
- Greg Mitchell, Active Pallbearer
- Tim Reid, Active Pallbearer
- Dennis Robinett, Active Pallbearer
- David Robinett, Active Pallbearer
- Kaye Turley, Honorary Pallbearer
- Stephanie McDonald, Honorary Pallbearer
- Judy Bennett, Honorary Pallbearer
- Vickie Holley, Honorary Pallbearer
- Tori Gaddy, Honorary Bearer
- Tina Levesque, Honorary Pallbearer
- Barbara Wright, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Saturday, March 10, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, March 10, 2018