Sarah Williams Willis
July 12, 1937 – November 2, 2018
Funeral services for Mrs. Sarah Williams Willis, 81, of Anniston, will be at 1 pm on Monday, November 5, 2018 at Golden Springs Baptist Church with Dr. Roland P. Brown officiating. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service at the church.
Mrs. Willis passed away on November 2, 2018 at UAB.
Mrs. Willis was a longtime member of Golden Springs Baptist Church for over 45 years. She retired as the director of the Mom’s Day Out program at Golden Springs Baptist Church. Mrs. Willis was also a member of the ladies auxiliary at RMC and served as a volunteer pink lady.
Mrs. Willis is preceded in death by her loving husband of 53 years, James “Ed" Willis and parents, Marlin and Winnie Williams; and sister-in-law, Linda Williams.
Mrs. Willis is survived by her daughters, Susan Lee (Richard), Anita Russell (Todd), and Christy Ross (Tony); grandchildren, Zach Lee (Katie), Brittany Lee, Jacob Lee, Giovanni Soto, Isabella Soto, Katelyn Ross, Maggie Ross, and Blaine Russell; brother, James Velford Williams (Frances).
Honorary Pallbearers will be the RMC Auxiliary.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials be made to the preschool ministry at Golden Springs Baptist Church, 3 Robertson Road, Anniston, AL 36207.
- Susan (Richard) Lee, Daughter
- Anita (Todd) Russell, Daughter
- Christy (Tony) Ross, Daughter
- Zach (Katie) Lee, Brittany Lee, Jacob Lee, Giovanni Soto, Isabella Soto, Katelyn Ross, Maggie Ross and Blaine Russell, Grandchildren
- James Velford (Frances) Williams, Brother
- James "Ed" Willis, Deceased Husband of 53 years
- Marlin and Winnie Williams, Deceased Parents
- Linda Williams, Deceased Sister-in-law
- Visitation at Golden Springs Baptist Church Monday, November 5, 2018
- Funeral Service at Golden Springs Baptist Churh Monday, November 5, 2018