May 30, 1929 – August 1, 2019
Funeral Service for Suralla Mae Parris, 90, of Jacksonville will be 2:00 pm, Monday, August 5, 2019, at Chapel Hill Funeral Home. Rev. Larry Reeves, Rev. Brenda Farmer, and Rev. Gail McGatha will be officiating. Burial will follow at Hillcrest Cemetery in Jacksonville, AL. The family will receive friends from 6-8pm on August 4, 2019 at Chapel Hill Funeral Home.
Mrs. Parris is survived by her daughters, Gail (Larry) Reeves and Fran (Kenny) Sarkesian; sister, Polly Holmes; grandchildren, Connie Weaver, Stephen Rodgers, Keith Rodgers, and Brandi Sarkesian; great-grandchildren, Xander Rodgers, Jordan Munn, Ashlynn Hale, Chasity Nasworthy, Cierra Munn, Zack Robinson, Chase Rodgers, Cody Rodgers, and Emily Rodgers; and many nieces and nephews.
Mrs. Parris is preceded in death by her husband, James Bennett and husband Noah Pruitt; granddaughter, Tammy Hale; grandson, Kelvin Rodgers; sisters, Pat Weaver, Annie Lou Hudgins, Laura Bell Burton, Ruth Holmes, Ruby Martin, and Ann Worthy; brothers, Earl McGatha, Grady McGatha, L. J. McGatha, Maylon McGatha, and Homer McGatha.
Pallbearers: Mrs. Parris’s nephews.
Mrs. Parris was a longtime resident of Jacksonville, AL and a Member of Bread of Life Church in Centre AL. She was a Christian Lady and had a great love for God. She loved her family very much.
Condolences may be left at www.chapelhillfh.com
- Gail (Larry) Reeves, Daughter
- Fran (Kenny) Sarkesian, Daughter
- Polly Holmes, Sister
- Connie Weaver, Grandchild
- Stephen Rodgers, Grandchild
- Keith Rodgers, Grandchild
- Brandi Sarkesian, Grandchild
- Xander Rodgers, Great Grandchild
- Jordan Munn, Great Grandchild
- Ashlynn Hale, Great Grandchild
- Chasity Nasworthy, Great Grandchild
- Cierra Munn, Great Grandchild
- Zack Robinson, Great Grandchild
- Chase Rodgers, Great Grandchild
- Cody Rodgers, Great Grandchild
- Emily Rodgers, Great Grandchild
- Many ., Neices and Nephews
- James Bennett, Husband (deceased)
- Noah Pruitt, Husband (deceased)
- Tammy Hale, Granddaughter (deceased)
- Kelvin Rodgers, Grandson (deceased)
- Pat Weaver, Sister (deceased)
- Annie Lou Hudgins, Sister (deceased)
- Laura Bell Burton, Sister
- Ruth Holmes, Sister (deceased)
- Ruby Martin, Sister (deceased)
- Ann Worthy, Sister (deceased)
- Earl McGatha, Brother (deceased)
- Grady McGatha, Brother (deceased)
- L.J. McGatha, Brother (deceased)
- Maylon McGatha, Brother (deceased)
- Homer McGatha, Brother (deceased)
- Visitation Sunday, August 4, 2019
- Funeral Service Monday, August 5, 2019