William Franklin Smitherman
March 15, 1945 – August 6, 2019
Funeral service for William F. “Bill” Smitherman, 74, of Alexandria, will be Thursday at 1:00 pm, at United Fellowship Baptist Church with Dr. George Smitherman, officiating. Burial will follow in the adjoining cemetery. The family will receive friends at the church prior to the service from 11:30 till service time on Thursday August 8, 2019. Mr. Smitherman died Tuesday August 6, 2019 at his home after a brief illness.
Mr. Smitherman is survived by his wife of 54 years, Barbara Smitherman; sons, Rodney (Rhonda), Roger (Dawn), and Greg, all of Alexandria; grandchildren, Nicole (Jimmy), Chelsea (Nathan), Chance (JJ), Brooklyn, Cody, Chase, Seth, and Will; great-grandchild, Haylynn; sisters, Patricia White, Mary Hess (Charles), and Glenda Mangham (Dennis); brothers, Hugh Smitherman Jr. (Janice), and Dr. George Smitherman (Diane); sister-in-law, Judy (Shelby) and numerous nieces and nephews.
Mr. Smitherman is preceded in death by his parents, Hugh and Zora Smitherman; brother, Ronnie Smitherman; brother-in-law, James White.
Pallbearers will be Chance Smitherman, Chase Smitherman, Cody Smitherman, Seth Smitherman, Will Smitherman, Nathen Walker and Jimmy Mize. Mr. Smitherman was a native and lifelong resident of Alexandria. He was a member of United Fellowship Baptist Church in Alexandria. Mr. Smitherman retired from Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company. He was a hard worker and enjoyed spending time on his tractor and camping in the Smokey Mountains.
Mr. Smitherman was a loving husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather and will be greatly missed.
- Barbara Smitherman, Wife
- Rodney (Rhonda) Smitherman, Son
- Roger (Dawn) Smitherman, Son
- Greg Smitherman, Son
- Nicole (Jimmy) ., Grandchild
- Chelsea (Nathan) ., Grandchild
- Chance (JJ) ., Grandchild
- Brooklyn ., Grandchild
- Cody ., Grandchild
- Chase ., Grandchild
- Seth ., Grandchild
- Will ., Grandchild
- Haylynn ., Great Grandchild
- Patricia White, Sister
- Mary (Charles) Hess, Sister
- Glenda (Dennis) Mangham, Sister
- Hugh (Janice) Smitherman Jr., Brother
- Dr. George (Diane) Smitherman, Brother
- Judy (Shelby), Sister-in-law
- Numerous ., Nieces and Nephews
- Visitation Thursday, August 8, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, August 8, 2019