Mrs. Barbara Miller Bazen
September 23, 1936 – October 30, 2019
Sophia - Barbara Candis Bazen, 83, passed away on Wednesday, October 30, 2019, at her residence. Mrs. Bazen was born on September 23, 1936, in Wilkes County, a daughter to the late Foster D. Miller and Dora Baldwin Miller.
On October 26, 1958, Barbara married James “Jim” Alvin Bazen. She was a member of the Mount Calvary Baptist Church. Barbara was a wonderful wife, homemaker, mother and grandmother. She was a mother to a son in the U. S. Navy and a grandmother to U. S. Army, U. S. Navy and U. S. Marine service members.
Barbara was preceded in death by her parents; husband, James “Jim” Alvin Bazen; her son, Jeffrey Allen Bazen; a granddaughter, Kandis Leigh-Anne Bazen; and ten brothers and sisters.
She is survived by her sons, Johnny and wife Vickie of the home, David of Sophia, and daughter-in-law Kathy and husband James Creech of Trinity; thirteen grandchildren, Jessica Bazen Dix, Charity Bazen Younts, Patrick Foland, Holly Bazen Rogers, Andrew Bazen, James Aaron Bazen, Tristan Foland, Johnny Tyler Bazen, Celina Anderson, Katlin Bazen, Micah Bazen, Kassidi Bazen and Nathaniel Bazen; ten great grandchildren, Joshua Dix, Lilly Dix, Elijah Dix, Adalynn Bazen, Katherine "Ellie" Bazen, Charleigh Rogers, Owen Younts, Easton Younts, Ethan Bazen and Zayne Dillard; brother, George Miller and two sisters, Sterila Bumgarner and Clara Yates.
The family will visit with friends on Monday, November 4, 2019, from 6 to 8 pm at Advantage Funeral and Cremation Services of Archdale. The funeral service will be held on Tuesday, November 5, 2019, at 2:00 pm at Mount Calvary Baptist Church, 6551 Weant Road in Archdale. The family will visit with friends at other times at the home.
In lieu of flowers the family asks that donations be sent to Mount Calvary Christian School, 6551 Weant Road, Archdale, North Carolina 27263; or Randolph County Honor Guard, PO Box 1672 Asheboro, NC 27204.
Advantage Funeral and Cremation Services of Archdale is honored to serve the Bazen family. Online condolences may be made at advantagearchdale.com.
- Foster D. Miller, Father
- Dora Baldwin Miller, Mother
- James "Jim" Alvin Bazen, Husband
- Jeffrey Allen Bazen, Son
- Johnny Bazen and wife Vickie, Son
- David Bazen, Son
- Kathy and husband James Creech, Daughter-in-law
- Kandis Leigh-Anne Bazen, Granddaughter
- Jessica Bazen Dix, Grandchild
- Charity Bazen Younts, Granddaughter
- Patrick Foland, Granddaughter
- Holly Bazen Rogers, Grandchild
- Andrew Bazen, Grandchild
- James Aaron Bazen, Grandchild
- Tristan Foland, Grandchild
- Johnny Tyler Bazen, Grandchild
- Celina Anderson, Grandchild
- Katlin Bazen, Grandchild
- Micah Bazen, Grandchild
- Kassidi Bazen, Grandchild
- Nathaniel Bazen, Grandchild
- Joshua Dix, Great Grandchild
- Lilly Dix, Great Grandchild
- Elijah Dix, Great Grandchild
- Adalynn Bazen, Great Grandchild
- Katharine "Ellie" Bazen, Great Grandchild
- Charleigh Rogers, Great Grandchild
- Owen Younts, Great Grandchild
- Easton Younts, Great Grandchild
- Ethan Bazen, Great Grandchild
- Zayne Dillard, Great Grandchild
- George Miller, Brother
- Sterila Bumgarner, Sister
- Clara Yates, Sister
- Also preceding her in death were 10 brothers and sisters.
- Jeffrey Andrew Bazen
- Johnny Tyler Bazen
- Johnny A. Bazen
- James Aaron Bazen
- Allen Yountz
- Greg Rogers
- James Creech
Mount Calvary Christian School
6551 Weant Road, Archdale, North Carolina 27263
Randolph County Honor Guard
P>O> Box 1672, Ashboro, North Carolina 27204
- Visitation Monday, November 4, 2019
- Funeral Service Tuesday, November 5, 2019
- Burial Tuesday, November 5, 2019