Irene Gore Harris
October 31, 1937 – November 20, 2019
Irene Gore Harris, 82, passed away on Wednesday November 20, 2019. Irene was born October 31, 1937 in Laurinburg, North Carolina to Sadie Hudspeth Gore and John Gore.
Irene was a beloved mother & grandmother. She was no respector of persons and loved all regardless of their status. Self-sacrificing to a fault, she will be dearly missed.
Irene is survived by daughters Kay McDaniel (Ronnie Smith), Sandra Trotter (Kenneth), Tammy Lewis (Frank) and Melissa Harris; as well as 22 grandchildren, 23 great grandchildren and 1 great great grandchild.
Irene was preceded in death by her parents; brothers Ray, Manley and Kelly; sister Lovinia Watts; sons Avan Tessner, Danny Tessner and William “Doodle” Harris; and 1 granddaughter Ashley Tessner.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made in Irene’s name to Randolph Hospice House, 446 Vision Drive, Asheboro, NC 27203.
A visitation for Irene will be held on Monday, November 25th, 2019 from 1pm to 2pm at Advantage Funeral and Cremation of Archdale. A funeral service will follow at 2pm; Rev. John Fields officiating. Burial will follow funeral services at Floral Garden Memorial Park. The family requests you join them in a meal celebrating Irene’s life back at Advantage Funerals and Cremations after the committal.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.AdvantageArchdale.com for the Harris family.
- John Gore, Father (deceased)
- Sadie Hudspeth Gore, Mother (deceased)
- Ray Gore, Brother (deceased)
- Manley Gore, Brother (deceased)
- Kelly Gore, Brother (deceased)
- Lovinia Watts, Sister (deceased)
- Avan Tessner, Son (deceased)
- Danny Tessner, Son (deceased)
- Ashley Tessner, Granddaughter (deceased)
- William "Doodle" Harris, Son (deceased)
- Kay McDaniel (Ronnie Smith), Daughter
- Sandra Trotter (Kenneth), Daughter
- Tammy Lewis (Frank), Daughter
- Melissa Harris, Daughter
- Irene is also survived by 22 grandchildren, 23 great grandchildren and 1 great great grandchild.
Randolph Hospice House
446 Vision Drive, Asheboro, North Carolina 27203
- Visitation Monday, November 25, 2019
- Funeral Service Monday, November 25, 2019
Irene Gore Harris
November 29, 2019
We are so sorry for your loss. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Hospice of Randolph
November 22, 2019
The sweetest, kind most hearted lady that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! She has always had a special place in my heart and always will! Grandmother to my 4 children. Prayers for comfort for the family .