Reid Walter Southern
June 3, 1935 – February 14, 2021
Reid Walter Southern, 85, passed away on Sunday, February 14, 2021. He was born on June 3, 1935 in Patrick County, Virginia to the late Wakefield and Myrtle Tilley Southern.
Reid is preceded in death by his parents; wife of 55 years, Peggy Crews Southern; as well as several brothers and sisters.
Reid is survived by his son, Danny and wife Tina Southern and their children and grandchildren, Scott and wife Heather Southern, Tanner and wife Montanna Nance, Bethany and husband Beau Contrey, Kellan Todd Meares, Kailianna Mae Nance, Colton Ryan Nance, Roman Reid Southern, Baylee Monroe Southern and Karter Breanne Nance; daughter, Donna (Perras) Bowles and husband Mark and their children and grandchildren, Duane Massey, Joseph Perras and girlfriend Maria Luther, Tyler Reid Massy, Erica Stillman, Donna Victoria Massey, Hannah Bowles, Kayla Stillman, Logan Stillman, Destiny Perras, Ashleigh Perras and little Joe Perras; and daughter Terry Wilson and her boyfriend Fat Boy along with her children and grandchildren and great grandchildren, Christy Rogers, Brandy Wilson, Mickey Smith, Kendell Rogers, Nikki Rogers, Seth Johnson, Hayden Rogers, Carson Rogers, Albery Asberry and Zayvan Smith.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in Reid’s name to Bales Memorial Wesleyan Church, 1001 Bales Chapel Road, Jamestown, NC 27282.
A graveside service for Reid will take place on Friday, February 19, 2021 at 11:00am at Guilford Memorial Park cemetery; Pastor Carl Pulliam officiating.
Online condolences for the Southern family may be made at www.advantagearchdale.com
- Wakefield & Myrtle Tilley Southern, Parents (deceased)
- Peggy Crews Southern, Wife (deceased)
- Donna Perras Bowles & husband Mark, Daughter
- Terry Wilson & boyfriend Fat Boy, Daughter
- Danny Southern & wife Tina, Son
- Scott Southern & wife Heather, Grandchild
- Tanner Southern & wife Montanna Nance, Grandchild
- Bethany Contrey & husband Beau, Grandchild
- Kellan Todd Meares, Great Grandchild
- Kailianna Mae Nance, Great Grandchild
- Colton Ryan Nance, Great Grandchild
- Roman Reid Southern, Great Grandchild
- Baylee Monroe Southern, Great Grandchild
- Karter Breanne Nance, Great Grandchild
- Duane Massey, Grandchild
- Joseph Perras & girlfriend Maria Luther, Grandchild
- Tyler Reid Massey, Grandchild
- Erica Stillman, Grandchild
- Donna Victoria Massey, Grandchild
- Hannah Bowles, Grandchild
- Kayla Stillman, Great Grandchild
- Logan Stillman, Great Grandchild
- Destiny Perras, Great Grandchild
- Ashleigh Perras, Great Grandchild
- Little Joe Perras, Great Grandchild
- Christy Rogers, Grandchild
- Brandy Wilson, Grandchild
- Mickey Smith, Great Grandchild
- Kendell Rogers, Great Grandchild
- Nikki Rogers, Great Grandchild
- Seth Johnson, Great Grandchild
- Hayden Rogers, Great Great Grandchild
- Carson Rogers, Great Great Grandchild
- Albery Asberry, Great Great Grandchild
- Zayvan Smith, Great Great Grandchild
- Mr. Southern is also predeceased by several sisters & brothers.
Bales Memorial Wesleyan Church
101 Bales Chapel Road, Jamestown, North Carolina 27282
Friday, February 19, 2021
Reid Walter Southern
February 22, 2021
Danny and family,
Danny, Dad and i are sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in our thoughts.
Scott and Rex Nelson
February 19, 2021
We love an goin to miss you pawpaw hug grandma for us