E. Lorene Murdick
December 10, 1919 – October 1, 2019
E. Lorene Murdick (nee Seal) passed away on Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at the age of 99. Lorene was born on December 10, 1919 in Minimun, MO. Lorene was preceded in death by her husband Paul J. Murdick (WW II Vet), parents Mavis and Bessie (nee Pippin) Seal, sister Geraldean Elliott, sister Alene Lester, and a brother Harold Seal (died in WWII at the Battle of the Bulge), and one daughter Paula Jean Murdick; Lorene is survived by her son Lou (Teresa ) Murdick (Wichita, KS) grandchildren Ian (Alex) Murdick (Wichita, KS) and Andrew (Kelsie) Murdick (Indianapolis, IN) and great grandchildren Rozlynn and Amelia Murdick; son Terry (Debbie) Murdick (Greenville, TX) grandchildren Matt (Michele) Murdick (Royce City, TX), Tim (Sloan) Murdick (Portland, OR) and Rebecka (Paul) Speciale (Visalia, CA) and great grandchildren Matthew David, Lexie and Brandon Murdick, Sydney and Piper Rose Murdick and Tylor and Jerimiah Speciale; daughter Paulette (Charles) Green (O'Fallon, MO) grandchildren Jeffery (Wendy) Moffat (Des Peres, MO) and Sarah (Jeffery) Scherrer (Rochester, MN.) and great grandchildren Lucas, Haley and Skylar Moffit and Megan, Allyson, Cathern and Ryan Scherrer; daughter Janice (Mark) Coley (Kaiser, MO) grandchildren Lynn (Jason) Reynolds (Wichita, KS), Joshua (Carrie) Coley (San Antonio, TX) and Lori (Michael) Klaus (Lake Ozarks, MO) great grandchildren Carson and Anna Reynolds, Oliver, Max and Grant Coley, Caleb, Noah and Addyson Klaus; daughter Linda (Randy) Morrison (Poplar Grove, MO) grandchildren Kyle (Erin) Morrison (Hannibal, MO) and Kevin Morrison (Hannibal, MO) and great grandchild Aria Morrison; and a son Paul David "PD" (Denise) Murdick (Bonne Terre, MO) grandchild Jessica (Chris) McLain (Senath, MO) and great grandchild Rypken McLain. Dear aunt, cousin and a wonderful friend to many.
Lorene loved doing things for others, working where she could in church. She loved to travel and most of all just be with her family whenever possible. She always sent cards and personal handwritten letters on Birthday's and Anniversaries as well as many get well and thinking of you cards.
When walking into her home you knew what was important to her by looking around. The printed scriptures, and sayings told of her faith in Jesus Christ, all the pictures of her family proudly displayed for all to see, and of course her love of humming birds. Her memory was sharp with reference to dates, times, and places of the events in her life over the past 100 years.
Visitation will be held on Friday, October 4, 2019 from 4-9 pm and Saturday, October 5 from 10:00 -11:00 am at the Calvary Fellowship Freewill Baptist Church 1811 Smizer Station Rd., Fenton, MO. Funeral service will be held on Saturday, at 11:00 am at the Calvary Fellowship Freewill Baptist Church. Graveside service Saturday 2:00 pm at Horine Cemetery, Richwoods, MO. In lieu of flowers, we ask that you give to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- Mavis E. Seal, Father (deceased)
- Bessie Ann Pippin, Mother (deceased)
- Paul J. Murdick, Husband (deceased)
- Lou (Theresa) Murdick, Son
- Terry (Debbie) Murdick, Son
- Paulette (Charles ) Green, Daughter
- Janice (Mark) Coley, Daughter
- Linda (Randy) Morrison, Daughter
- Paul "PD" (Denise) Murdick, Son
- Paula Jean Murdick, Daughter (deceased)
- Ian (Alex) Murdick, Grandchild
- Andrew (Kelsie) Murdick, Grandchild
- Matt (Michele) Murdick, Grandchild
- Tim (Sloan) Murdick, Grandchild
- Rebecka (Paul) Speciale, Grandchild
- Jeffery (Wendy) Moffat, Grandchild
- Sarah (Jeffery) Scherrer, Grandchild
- Lynn (Jason) Reynolds, Grandchild
- Joshua (Carrie) Coley, Grandchild
- Lori (Michael) Klaus, Grandchild
- Kyle (Erin) Morrison, Grandchild
- Kevin Morrison, Grandchild
- Jessica (Chris) McLain, Grandchild
- Rozlynn Murdick, Great Grandchild
- Amelia Murdick, Great Grandchild
- Matthew (Lexie) David Murdick, Great Grandchild
- Brandon Murdick, Great Grandchild
- Sydney Murdick, Great Grandchild
- Piper Rose Murdick, Great Grandchild
- Tylor Speciale, Great Grandchild
- Jerimiah Speciale, Great Grandchild
- Lucas Moffat, Great Grandchild
- Haley Moffat, Great Grandchild
- Skylar Moffat, Great Grandchild
- Megan Scherrer, Great Grandchild
- Allyson Scherrer, Great Grandchild
- Cathern Scherrer, Great Grandchild
- Ryan Scherrer, Great Grandchild
- Carson Reynolds, Great Grandchild
- Anna Reynolds, Great Grandchild
- Oliver Coley, Great Grandchild
- Max Coley, Great Grandchild
- Grant Coley, Great Grandchild
- Caleb Klaus, Great Grandchild
- Noah Klaus, Great Grandchild
- Addyson Klaus, Great Grandchild
- Aria Morrison, Great Grandchild
- Rypken McLain, Great Grandchild
- Geraldean Elliott, Sister (deceased)
- Alene Lester, Sister (deceased)
- Harold Seal, Brother (deceased)
Breast Cancer Research Foundation
28 West 44th Street, Ste. 609, New York, New York 10036
- Visitation Friday, October 4, 2019
- Church Visitation at Calvery Fellowship Freewill Baptist Church, 1811 Smizer Station Rd. Fenton, MO Saturday, October 5, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, October 5, 2019
- Committal Service Saturday, October 5, 2019
E. Lorene Murdick
October 7, 2019
Lorene (Mom) had the most beautiful smile. She loved her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren. My most wonderful memory of her was when I was having a difficult time with family and other issues, she told me she loved me unconditionally. It didn’t matter what happened, she was honored to be my mom. It was an emotional time and we prayed together. I made chicken and dumplings one time for her and she told me they were as good as hers. Wow what a compliment. But I never could make a apple pie. Her apple pies were heavenly. She was always willing to talk and give out scriptures. I will miss her dearly. As Mom would say, I will meet you in the morning”.
October 4, 2019
It is so hard to express how much we loved her and how much we will miss her smile and hugs!! She was a daughter, sister, niece, aunt, wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and friend to SO... many. She was an amazing Godly influence and example to her entire family and all who were around her. I am SO thankful of the legacy she left - living for Jesus!! 🙌🏻 I have learned so much from her and I will treasure my memories of her!! ❤️She was such a blessing to me and my family!!! You could see love, compassion, and strength in everything she did & she was never ashamed of the gospel.
I’ll miss her apples pies, our chats, laughing so hard while we watch I Love Lucy, the phone calls we got on our birthdays and birthday cards with hand written letters (she made LOTS of yearly calls- lol)!! Her favorite flower is a gardenia, she loved hummingbirds and her favorite bible verse is Proverbs 3: 5-6.
Even though we will miss her so much, I know she is rejoicing in heaven!! Grandma/Great-Grandma you will forever be in our hearts and memories!!!
Until we meet again, Grandma, “I’ll meet you in the morning...” Love you. ❤️
October 3, 2019
Such an honor & a privilege to visit this classy lady. She was a gem & is surely enjoying the afterlife among the angels. I was looking forward to her 100th birthday party and will think of her with pleasant memories on that day. Her obituary summed up her life well especially the part about entering her apartment & seeing what was important to her.
God bless all of you.
SSM Hospice NP
Rebekah (Murdick) Speciale
October 3, 2019
My Grandma was a woman with many amazing words, the love of Christ and many talents.
I think my favorite memory I have with my Grandma is waking up early and having morning devotional. She would read the Bible to me, we’d talk about it and we would pray together. It was such amazing mornings together.
Another favorite memory I have is sitting in the kitchen while she cooked, baked a pie and made bread.
Moments like these will always be in my heart.
Grandma, I love you very much and I’ll miss seeing your beautiful face. I’ll see you in the Morning!! 💜
October 3, 2019
Words cannot express how sorry we are for passing of your Mom. She in arms of Jesus and celebrating! She is such a Godly lady, always a smile on her face. She will be missed here on Earth, but Heaven is rejoicing. Our prayers are with you all during this time.
Paul and Linda Ruppert
October 3, 2019
Lorene always had the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen. She always had a kind word for everyone and has never ever looked her age! Her chicken and dumplings were beyond comparison! My husband Floyd and I still have never tasted any as good as Lorene’s! Sad to hear she’s passed but she’s with our Savior and free from any pain.