John R. Jarvis
March 16, 1929 – March 22, 2019
John R. Jarvis of Arnold, Missouri passed away on Friday, March 22, 2019 at the age of 90. Beloved husband of the late Betty K. Jarvis (nee Myers). Loving father of Lynda (the late Charlie) Fisher, Karen (Daniel) Godbey, Dale (Shelly) Jarvis and Jan (Patrick) McElyea. Cherished grandfather of Laura (Marvin) Herrod and great grandfather of Marvin and Charlotte Herrod. Dearest brother of Ruthie (Joe) Whitaker and the late Juanita (Alfred) Rencehausen, Henry (Ruth) Jarvin, William "Bill" (Altafay) Jarvis and Randall "Nip" (Bonnie) Jarvis. Dear brother-in-law of Zuelah (the late Crawford) Yeager. Dear son of the late George and Arbelle Jarvis (nee Martin). Our dear uncle, great uncle, cousin and friend.
Funeral service to be held on Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. at Heiligtag-Lang-Fendler Funeral Home, 1081 Jeffco Blvd., Arnold, Missouri. Interment St. Francois Memorial Park Cemetery, Bonne Terre, Missouri. Visitation Monday, March 25, 2019 from 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. Should friends desire, contributions to Korean War Veterans Association (KWVA) appreciated. Condolences may be offered at www.heiligtagfuneralhome.com.
- George Jarvis (Deceased), Father
- Arbelle Jarvis (nee Martin) (Deceased), Mother
- Betty K. Jarvis (nee Myers) (Deceased), Wife
- Lynda (the late Charlie) Fisher, Daughter
- Karen (Daniel) Godbey, Daughter
- Dale (Shelly) Jarvis, Son
- Jan (Patrick) McElyea, Daughter
- Laura (Marvin) Herrod, Granddaughter
- Marvin Herrod, Great Grandson
- Charlotte Herrod, Great Granddaughter
- Ruthie (Joe) Whitaker, Sister
- Zuelah (the late Crawford) Yeager, Sister-in-law
- Juanita (Alfred) Rencehausen (Deceased), Sister
- Henry (Ruth) Jarvis (Deceased), Brother
- William "Bill" (Altafay) Jarvis (Deceased), Brother
- Randall "Nip" (Bonnie) Jarvis (Deceased), Brother
- Korean War Veterans Association
- Visitation Monday, March 25, 2019
- Funeral Service Tuesday, March 26, 2019
- Graveside Service Tuesday, March 26, 2019
John R. Jarvis
March 25, 2019
I will miss seeing you Uncle John. I'll miss the stories you used to tell because you remembered everything. I'll miss your smile and your sense of humor. I bet by now you and dad and Uncle Hank and Uncle Nip are all up in Heaven playing music. I feel blessed to have had you in my life. Fly high my Angel. I'll hold you forever in my heart. I Love You.
March 22, 2019
Thanks for everything you have done for so many people in your life. I bid you farewell on earth but will see you again on the other side. Go fly high on angels wings. Love you Uncle John.