Alburn Wesley Davis Jr.
July 28, 1922 – May 1, 2018
Alburn Wesley Davis Jr., age 95, of Auburn Hills, passed away May 1, 2018.
Beloved husband of Ruth Davis (nee Howell) for 75 years; dear father of Barbara (Wes) Schaar and Bonnie (Michael) King; loving grandfather of Sharyn (Matt) Grohoski, Crystal Schaar, Steven (Stacy) and Jason (Lisa) King; great-grandfather of Lindsey, Justin, Katelyn, Kayleigh, Lilianna, and Julianna; brother of Donald (Betty) and LeRoy (Joan) Davis. Alburn was predeceased by his parents Alburn and Marguerite Davis and sisters Shirley (Windy) Tubbs, Doris (Ken) Smith, and Ruthann (David) Nelson.
Alburn was born the son of Alburn Wesley Davis Sr. and Marguerite Davis (nee Mott) in Pontiac Michigan on July 28, 1922. He graduated from Auburn Heights High School. Alburn joined the US Army and served in the Aleutian Islands during World War II. He married Ruth Howell on June 13th, 1942 in Auburn Heights and worked for Michigan Bell until his retirement. Alburn loved woodworking.
Alburn was cared for at home the last month of his life, by his "Sunshine," granddaughter, Crystal Schaar.
Alburn’s family will welcome all for a visitation on Sunday May 6th, 2018 from 3 to 8 p.m. and on Monday May 7th from 9:30 a.m. until the time of funeral service at 10 a.m. at Pixley Funeral Home, located at 3530 Auburn Rd in downtown Auburn Hills, Michigan.
- Ruth (nee Howell) Davis, Wife
- Barbara (Wes) Schaar, Daughter
- Bonnie (Michael) King, Daughter
- Sharyn (Matt) Grohoski, Granddaughter
- Crystal Schaar, Granddaughter
- Steven (Stacy) King, Grandson
- Jason (Lisa) King, Grandson
- Lindsey, Justin, Katelyn, Kayleigh, Lilianna and Julianna, Great Grandchildren
- Alburn Wesley Davis Sr., Father
- Marguerite (nee Mott) Davis, Mother
- Donald (Betty) Davis, Brother
- LeRoy (Joan) Davis, Brother
- Shirley (Windy) Tubbs, Sister
- Doris (Ken) Smith, Sister
- Ruthann (David) Nelson, Sister
- Visitation Sunday, May 6, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, May 7, 2018
Alburn Wesley Davis Jr.
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
May 2, 2018
So many wonderful memories that Steven, myself and the girls have with our time spent with you. From camping with the girls to your stories of your collections days with Michigan Bell from birthdays and Christmas to just hanging out at your house. We have a treasure troll of memories that we are forever grateful for. I am forever grateful that you were such a big part of my life. Although God has called you home this is not goodbye but until we see each other again. Until then I know that you knew that we Love Always, Always Loved you. Stacy, Steven, Katelyn and Kayleigh