Kenneth Jay Mather
January 11, 1942 – October 14, 2018
Kenneth Jay Mather, 76, of Mikado, Michigan, formerly of Rochester Hills, Michigan, passed away on Sunday October 14, 2018.
Beloved husband of Dian Mather for 59 years; dear father of Dawn Lenderman, David (Paula) Mather, Dale (Theresa) Mather, Darlene (Mike) McGinnis, Daniel (Jennifer) Mather, and Darrin (Brenda) Mather; caring grandfather of Jay, Drew, Eric, Jody, Megan, Michelle, Sean, Brent, Adam, Nikki, Bradley, Parker, Brock, Katelyn, Tyler, Hunter, Talon, and Hayden; and great-grandfather of Caiden, Isaiah, Joey, Andrew, Ben, and Brianna; Brother of Mary Jane Shank, Delores Powell, and Janet (Orville) Lefko. Ken was predeceased by his brothers Harold and Jerry Mather.
Ken was born the son of Walter and Wretha (Seeley) Mather on January 11, 1942 in Pontiac, Michigan. He married Dian Lidgard on July 25, 1959. Ken worked for Ford Motor Company for 40 years.
Ken was a member of the the Jaycees in Rochester; the Eagles Club in Barton City; and the Sons of the American Legion in Mikado. In his younger days, he loved to coach his children in little league baseball and in his later years loved to attend the sporting events of his grandchildren. He also loved to hunt, fish, play Euchre, horseshoes, and golf.
Ken’s family will receive all for a visitation on Thursday October 18, 2018 from 2 - 8 p.m. and Friday from 9:30 a.m. until the time of funeral service at 10 a.m. at Pixley Funeral Home, located at 3530 W. Auburn Rd in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Interment will be at White Chapel Memorial Cemetery following the service.
Memorial contributions may be made in Ken’s honor to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society online at www.nationalmssociety.org/Donate.
- Dian (Lidgard) Mather, Wife
- Dawn Lenderman, Daughter
- David (Paula) Mather, Son
- Dale (Theresa) Mather, Son
- Darlene (Mike) McGinnis, Daughter
- Daniel (Jennifer) Mather, Son
- Darrin (Brenda) Mather, Son
- Jay, Drew, Eric, Jody, Megan, Michelle, Sean, Brent, Adam, Nikki, Bradley, Parker, Brock, Katelyn, Tyler, Hunter, Talon, and Hayden, Grandchildren
- Caiden, Isaiah, Joey, Andrew, Ben, and Brianna, Great Grandchildren
- Walter Mather, Father
- Wretha (Seeley) Mather, Mother
- Mary Jane Shank, Sister
- Delores Powell, Sister
- Janet (Orville) Lefko, Sister
- Harlod Mather, Brother
- Jerry Mather, Brother
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Visitation Thursday, October 18, 2018
- Visitation Friday, October 19, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, October 19, 2018
- Interment - Following Funeral Service Friday, October 19, 2018
Kenneth Jay Mather
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
October 15, 2018
Darlene & Family
Thoughts & prayers are with you all as you go through this very difficult moment in life. Hoping fond memories give you all some comfort this week and in the months to come. I only met him 1 time and he was a sweet jolly man. I have heard many wonderful heart warming stories.
Peace & love to all,