September 17, 1930 – November 1, 2018
John Dohanich, age 88, passed away on November 1, 2018 in Austin, Texas.
John was born on September 17, 1930 in Avella, PA to parents Charles and Anna Dohanich. He graduated from University of Texas in Austin with a degree in Interior Design. In 1961 he moved to Corpus Christi, Texas and started his own interior design business called Clair Jon Interiors where he worked for 17 years.
John was a wonderful man, loving husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. He loved painting landscapes and bluebonnets and being surrounded by family. Family and friends will always remember him as a kind, loving man who taught his children with strength and fortitude. He had a great sense of humor and loved telling jokes.
John is survived by his loving wife Clarice, children: Kevin, Mark, Eric, Lisa McPhee, Kryn Contello, Lara Morgan and their families, as well as niece Carol Torontali, Sue Perrin and Jack Macks.
He proudly served active duty in the United States Air Force.
The visitation with the family will be Sunday, November 4, 2018 from 12:30-4:30 PM at Cook Walden Funeral Home, 6100 North Lamar Blvd, Austin, Texas 78752. Rosary will be recited at 3:00 PM.
Funeral service will be held at 1:00 PM on Monday, November 5, 2018 at St. Louis King of France Catholic Church, 7601 Burnet Rd, Austin, TX, 78757.
The family would like to thank Hospice Austin and VA homecare for all of their loving care and compassion.
To share condolences with the family, please visit www.cookwaldenfuneralhome.com.
- John Dohanich is survived by his loving wife Clarice, children: Kevin, Mark, Eric, Lisa McPhee, Kryn Contello, Lara Morgan and their families, as well as niece Carol Torontali, Sue Perrin and Jack Macks.
- Chas Dohanich, Active Pallbearer
- Alec Dohanich, Active Pallbearer
- Joshua McPhee, Active Pallbearer
- Patrick McPhee, Active Pallbearer
- Jacob Morgan, Active Pallbearer
- Bill Williams, Active Pallbearer
- Visitation Sunday, November 4, 2018
- Rosary Service Sunday, November 4, 2018
- Funeral Mass Monday, November 5, 2018
- Committal Service Monday, November 5, 2018