Peggy Lou Stewart
January 7, 1933 – February 7, 2019
Peggy Lou Stewart, 86 years of age, passed away on February 7th, 2019 in Austin, Texas.
Peggy was born in Lamar, Arkansas to William Marvin (Bud) Carothers and Louise (Selby) Carothers. Peggy, who was often heard singing church hymns, was a lifetime member of the Church of Christ and ensured her family was always at church. Peggy was a loving and dedicated mother of four and wife to Bobby Stewart. She and Bobby were a devoted, loving couple who were often seen hand in hand throughout their 65 years of marriage. Peggy was known for her kind heart, quick smile, and always wanting to share whatever she had with everyone.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Bobby Carl Stewart, her son Larry Stewart, her parents, William and Louise Carothers and her Sister, Doris Carothers Burke. She is survived by her brother, Lawrence Carothers and wife, Emma; beloved children, Danny Stewart and wife, Phyllis, Jana Barnes and husband Stephen, and Perry Stewart; grandchildren, William Stewart and wife, Kara, Adriana Phillips, and husband Joe, Alicia Dill, and husband, Kevin, Robert Stewart, Ryan Stewart, Daniel Barnes, David Barnes, and Matthew Barnes; great-grandchildren, Bryce Phillips, Cody Phillips, Ainsley Phillips, McKenna Stewart, Trevor Stewart, Luna Dill, and Logan Dill.
The family would like to thank the caring staff of Legacy Oaks Assisted Living and Memory Care.
A Visitation will be held from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM on Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at Cook-Walden/Forest Oaks Funeral Home, located at 6300 W. William Cannon Drive, Austin, TX 78749.
There will be a Funeral Service at 1:00 PM on Wednesday, February 13 in the Chapel at Cook-Walden/Forest Oaks. Interment at Cook Walden/Forest Oaks Memorial Park will be at 2:00 PM, immediately following the Funeral Service.
- Lawrence Carothers, Brother
- Emma Carothers, Sister-in-law
- Danny Stewart, Son
- Phyllis Stewart, Daughter-in-law
- Jana Barnes, Daughter
- Stephen Barnes, Son-in-law
- Perry Stewart, Son
- She is also survived by her grandchildren, William Stewart and wife, Kara, Adriana Phillips, and husband Joe, Alicia Dill, and husband, Kevin, Robert Stewart, Ryan Stewart, Daniel Barnes, David Barnes, and Matthew Barnes; great-grandchildren, Bryce Phillips, Cody Phillips, Ainsley Phillips, McKenna Stewart, Trevor Stewart, Luna Dill, and Logan Dill.
- Danny Stewart, Pallbearer
- William Stewart, Pallbearer
- Ken Chui, Pallbearer
- Joe Phillips, Pallbearer
- Daniel Barnes, Pallbearer
- Stephen Barnes, Pallbearer
- Visitation Tuesday, February 12, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, February 13, 2019
- Graveside Service Wednesday, February 13, 2019
Peggy Lou Stewart
February 12, 2019
My thoughts and prayers for the family I shared churchservices with her and herhusband Bob at Capital City Church Of Christ. Virginia Wofford May you RIP.
February 11, 2019
Aunt Peggy was the epitome of a great aunt. As a kid, I LOVED going to their house for summer vacation. She always had a smile on her face and made sure the kids were taken care of. Even when I accidently damaged her car do, she still showed compassion. My prayer is for Danny, Jana, Perry, and all the grandkids to be comforted in this sad time. But I look forward to the day when I see her again in the presence of Jesus. Amen