October 25, 1928 – April 14, 2018
McArdle, Eleanor (Sheridan) of West Islip. Surrounded by family, on April 14, Ellie left us. Master of the eye-roll and the worst singing voice ; she left us with a sense of loss that will last forever. Youngest child of the late Edith (Halloway) and John Sheridan M.D., widow of John (USMC) , Ellie grew up in the Bronx, lived in San Diego and Charlottesville, before returning to Long Island. She was a graduate of the Ursuline Academy and the Art Student League of NY. Beneficiaries of her proud Irish humor, strength and love are children, Maureen Sheridan, Kathleen Knacke, Jack, Elizabeth Marie (dec), Colleen Russo, Patrick, and Brian. Her 13 grandchildren, and 8 great grandchildren will miss Gramie Ellie. She took immense joy in numerous nieces, nephews, and friends, who have laughed with her and learned from her. She so loved her pets that preceded her over the rainbow bridge: please celebrate Ellie by giving to your local animal rescue.
- Maureen Sheridan, Daughter
- Kathleen Knacke, Daughter
- Jack McArdle, Son
- Elizabeth Marie McArdle, Daughter
- Colleen Russo, Daughter
- Patrick McArdle, Son
- Brian McArdle, Son
- Ellie also leaves behind her 13 grandchildren, 8 great grandchildren and her numerous adoring nieces, nephews and friends that will miss her greatly.
- Visitation Thursday, April 19, 2018
- Prayer Serivce Thursday, April 19, 2018
- Interment Thursday, April 19, 2018
IN THE CARE OF