Doris Jean Nash
December 7, 1937 – October 4, 2019
Doris ‘Jean’ Nash, 81, passed away Friday, October 4, 2019 in Southaven, MS. Jean was born in Rienzi, MS, on December 7, 1937. She also lived in Collierville, Memphis, Corinth, and Hernando throughout her life. Jean worked at Kellogg’s for 27 years before proudly retiring from there. She continued to stay involved with Kellogg’s friends through their retiree luncheons and gatherings.
Jean was preceded in death by her daughter, Kathy Nash; her parents, Asa and Beatrice Davis; her brother, Ellis; her twin brother, Norris; and her sisters, Wilma Lee and Reba Hall.
Jean is survived by her son, Jackie Nash (Teresa); her two granddaughters, Ashley Frain (Tom) and Jessica Nash (Fabio); her great grandchildren, Eli and Sarah Frain; and a special friend, John Carrico.
Special thanks to Beth Kirsey for loving ‘Ms. Doris’ like her own mom and to the employees of Life Point Village, AseraCare Hospice, and Baptist Desoto 8th floor and inpatient hospice for caring for ‘Ms. Doris’ in the middle and late stages of Alzheimer’s.
In lieu of flowers, should friends desire, memorial contributions may be sent to Alzheimer’s Association or Corinth Alcorn Animal Shelter.
- Jackie Nash (Teresa), Son
- Ashley Frain (Tom), Granddaughter
- Jessica Nash (Fabio), Granddaughter
- Eli Frain, Great Grandchild
- Sarah Frain, Great Grandchild
- John Carrico, Special Friend
- Jean was preceded in death by her daughter, Kathy Nash; her parents, Asa and Beatrice Davis; her brother, Ellis; her twin brother, Norris; and her sisters, Wilma Lee and Reba Hall.
- Alzheimer’s Association or Corinth Alcorn Animal Shelter
- Graveside Service Tuesday, October 8, 2019