James L. Simpson
March 17, 1932 – November 3, 2018
James L. Simpson, 86, of Bartlett, TN, passed away on Saturday, November 3, 2018. Mr. Simpson was an Air Force Veteran and retired from W.R. Grace Chemical Company. He enjoyed fishing, hunting, gardening, and most of all, his grandchildren. Mr. Simpson was especially proud of the fact he had four grandsons that were Eagle Scouts. He was preceded in death by his wife Hazel, his parents, Lynn and Lydia Simpson and one brother, Gerald Gene Simpson. James is survived by his children, Terry and his wife, Linda Simpson, Jerry and his wife, Leslie Simpson, Mike Simpson and his wife, Karen Simpson, and Pam Bradley and her husband, Bo Bradley. He also leaves a brother George Simpson, thirteen grandchildren and ten great grandchildren. The family will receive friends from 5pm until 8pm, on Tuesday, November 6, 2018, with a funeral service to be held at 10am, on Wednesday, November 7, 2018, all at Memphis Funeral Home and Memorial Gardens, 3700 N. Germantown PKY, Bartlett, TN 38133. The family asks any memorials to be sent St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Terry Simpson (Linda), Son
- Jerry Simpson (Leslie), Son
- Mike Simpson (Karen), Son
- Pam Bradley (Bo), Daughter
- George Simpson, Brother
- Thirteen (13), Grandchildren
- Ten (10), Great Grandchildren
- He was preceded in death by his wife Hazel, his parents, Lynn and Lydia Simpson and one brother, Gerald Gene Simpson.
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Family Will Receive Friends Tuesday, November 6, 2018
- Funeral Service Wednesday, November 7, 2018