October 18, 1929 – September 9, 2021
Latisha Jane Alexander, 91, met her Lord and Savior on September 9, 2021, at her home. She was born in Medina, TN, to Joe and Jackie Rowlett (both deceased). She was the last of five children – Dorothy, Frances, Milton, and Brooks (all deceased). She graduated from Medina High School. She was predeceased by her husband of 64 years, Jim Alexander, and their daughter, Cheryl Hobbs. She is survived by 3 children: Jimmy Alexander (Sue), Lynda Dilliard, Sandy Wilson (Philip); eight grandchildren: Lauren Young, Jeffrey Partin (Jennifer), Zachary Alexander, Kelli Hobbs, Trey Hobbs (Erica), Shelby Dilliard, Lendy Gillespie (Ryan), Jordan Wilson (Sarah); nine great-grandchildren: Layla Alexander, Jayce Young, Jones and Jenkins Partin, Cathan and Cedar Gillespie, Xander, Arlo, and Ezra Wilson. “Tish” was a devoted member of Ellendale Baptist Church for 61 years where she taught Sunday School and was committed to Missions education and support. She enjoyed spending time with family and friends, hosting dinners, playing games, and celebrating holidays. From childhood, she was an avid traveler and visited 49 states as well as Nigeria and Kenya. Visitation will be held on Friday, September 17 at 12:00 with the funeral following at 1:00. Both will be held at Ellendale Baptist Church, Bartlett. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Ellendale Baptist Church, Missions, or to Gideons International.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.MemphisFuneralGermantownParkway.com for the Alexander family.
- Joe and Jackie Rowlett, Parents (deceased)
- Dorothy, Frances, Milton, and Brooks, Siblings (deceased)
- Jim Alexander, Husband of 64 years (deceased)
- Cheryl Hobbs, Daughter (deceased)
- Jimmy Alexander (Sue), Lynda Dilliard, Sandy Wilson (Philip), Children
- Lauren Young, Jeffrey Partin (Jennifer), Zachary Alexander, Kelli Hobbs, Trey Hobbs (Erica), Shelby Dilliard, Lendy Gillespie (Ryan), Jordan Wilson (Sarah), Grandchildren
- Layla Alexander, Jayce Young, Jones and Jenkins Partin, Cathan and Cedar Gillespie, Xander, Arlo, and Ezra Wilson, Great Grandchildren
- Ellendale Baptist Church
- Gideons International
Family Will Receive Friends
Friday, September 17, 2021
Friday, September 17, 2021
September 20, 2021
Having lived in the neighberhood for 49 years, I knew Jim and "Tish". I was sorry to learn of her passing away, My condolences to her famlly,
September 16, 2021
Condolences to all her loved ones. She was present at church throughout my growing up and I remember her fondly. I was fortunate enough to see her and Louise Cunningham at the community reunion a few years ago. May everyone be comforted by the memory of a life well lived during this time of bereavement.