Mary Ellen Stapp
December 24, 1926 – March 18, 2020
Mary Ellen Stapp, 93, of Bowling Green, KY, formerly of Memphis, TN, passed away peacefully on March 17, 2020 at Greenview Regional Hospital.
Mary was born in Brookline, MO on December 24, 1926. She was the daughter of Hubert and Dorothy Conn. She married Otto A. Stapp on December 18, 1944 and together they had three children. Mary was a retired sales associate for MM Cohn and JCPenney, where she received numerous awards for top sales associate. She had a true passion for caring for animals, loved to dance, and was an incredible cook, always wanting to make sure family was well fed.
Mary was preceded in death by her grandparents, parents, her husband of 31 years, her son Alfred Stapp of Jacksonville, FL, and her brothers Bill and Robert Conn - both of Springfield, MO.
Survivors include her son Michael Stapp (Ana) of Corpus Christi, TX, daughter Sharon Lovelace of Bowling Green, KY, brother Richard Conn of Springfield, MO, and sister Patsy Windham of Springfield, MO. Mary also leaves behind six grandchildren, Angela (Charles) Cunningham of Bowling Green, KY; Chad (Rachel) Lovelace of Arlington, TN; Wes (Gina) Stapp of St. Johns, FL, Kellie (Paul) Andrews of Jacksonville, FL, Cassie (Cody) Eyring of Corpus Christi, TX and Josh Stapp of Austin, TX, and Freida Lovelace who lived with her in her last years and was like a daughter to her.
Mary also leaves behind 13 great-grandchildren; Tyler and Nathan Cunningham; Chase, Dylan, and Ava Lovelace; Caleb Morton, Coleman and Chloe Andrews, Carson Kelloway, Cullen Stapp, and Hunter, Hudson, and Hailey Eyring.
J.C. Kirby & Son Funeral Chapels & Crematory 820 Lovers Lane Bowling Green, KY 42103 has charge of service.
Graveside services will be held at Memphis Funeral Home & Memorial Gardens 3700 N Germantown Pkwy, Bartlett, TN 38133 at 2 pm on Friday, March 20, 2020.
Flowers can be sent to either location, but if sent to J.C. Kirby & Son it must arrive by Thursday.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be given to BIKE4ALZ, which contributes to the American Alzheimer’s Association. Checks (preferred) can be mailed to: BIKE4ALZ C/O Nate Robb 1512 Cross Breeze Court Bowling Green, KY 42104
For condolences, please visit: http://www.jckirbyandson.com/obituary/?preview=1&id=1870253
- Hubert and Dorothy Conn, Parents (deceased)
- Otto A. Stapp, Husband of 31 years (deceased)
- Alfred Stapp, Son (deceased)
- Bill Conn, Brother (deceased)
- Robert Conn, Brother (deceased)
- Michael Stapp (Ana), Son
- Sharon Lovelace, Daughter
- Richard Conn, Brother
- Patsy Windham, Sister
- Angela (Charles) Cunningham, Grandchild
- Chad (Rachel) Lovelace, Grandchild
- Wes (Gina) Stapp, Grandchild
- Kellie (Paul) Andrews, Grandchild
- Cassie (Cody) Eyring, Grandchild
- Josh Stapp, Grandchild
- Freida Lovelace, Grandchild
- Mary also leaves behind 13 great-grandchildren; Tyler and Nathan Cunningham; Chase, Dylan, and Ava Lovelace; Caleb Morton, Coleman and Chloe Andrews, Carson Kelloway, Cullen Stapp, and Hunter, Hudson, and Hailey Eyring.
BIKE4ALZ, which contributes to the American Alzheimer’s Association
1512 Cross Breeze Court, Bowling Green, Kentucky 42104
- Graveside Service Friday, March 20, 2020
Mary Ellen Stapp
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY