Tena M. Riley
November 8, 1923 – September 10, 2018
Tena Musch Riley, known as Granny to everyone. She was 94 years, 10 months, and 2 days, of Savannah, Tennessee (Formerly of Lexington, Tennessee, and Memphis, Tennessee). She went to her eternal home on September 10, 2018. She was in the comfort of her own home and surrounded by her family. She was born in Chicago, IL on November 8, 1923. She was the daughter of the late Edward Musch, Sr. and the late Tenal Pol Musch. On April 22, 1943, she was united in marriage to William Franklin Riley, Sr., who preceded her in death on April 7th, 1992. Tena moved to Savannah, TN in 2008, and was a member of Spoken Word Church. She loved her family, all animals (large or small), especially her cat “Baby Girl”, and her church family. She really enjoyed hearing Jode Copeland, a member of her church family sing and play the guitar at the Hardin County Senior Center each month. She also loved gospel music, watching TBN, and attending church every chance she had. She read her Bible faithfully every day. She is survived by 2 daughters, Tenna C. Turner (Ben) of Savannah, TN, Wilma F. Beagle (Thomas) of Lexington, TN; and one son, William F. Riley, Jr. (Brenda) of Lexington, TN. Miss Tena also has 11 grandchildren, 12 great-grandchildren, 3 step-great grandchildren, and 1 great-great step grandchild. In addition to her parents and her husband, Miss Tena was preceded in death by her sisters, Johannah Baumgarten, Emma Bell, Ellen Barron, and an infant sister, Tena Musch, whom she was named after and one brother Edward Musch, Jr. Family will receive friends on Thursday, September 13, 2018 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm at Memphis Funeral Home and Memorial Gardens, 3700 N. Germantown Rd, Bartlett, TN. Services will follow at 2:00pm. Burial will be at Memphis Memory Gardens, 6444 Raleigh Lagrange Road, Memphis, TN.
- Tenna C. Turner (Ben), Daughter
- Wilma F. Beagle (Thomas), Daughter
- William F. Riley, Jr. (Brenda), Son
- Eleven (11), Grandchildren
- Twelve (12), Great-grandchildren
- Three (3), Step-great Grandchildren
- One (1), Great-great Step Grandchild
- She was preceded in death by her parents, Edward Musch, Sr. and Tenal Pol Musch, her husband, William Franklin Riley, Sr., her sisters, Johannah Baumgarten, Emma Bell, Ellen Barron, and an infant sister, Tena Musch, whom she was named after and one brother Edward Musch, Jr.
- Family Will Receive Friends Thursday, September 13, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, September 13, 2018