Catherine Jeanne James
October 26, 1933 – February 28, 2019
Catherine Jeanne James, 85, of Bartonville passed away at 5:35 am Thursday, February 28, 2019 at her residence with her family by her side. She was born October 26, 1933 in Kewanee the daughter of Francis and Roberta Marley Krumtinger. Catherine married William E. Simmons on February 2, 1952. She later married John A James in Peoria on August 13, 1973. He preceded her in death on February 12, 2008 after 35 years of marriage. She is survived by four sons, Lex “Tommy” Simmons of Peoria, William “Curtis” Simmons of Bellevue, Dennis (Lisa) Simmons of Washington, and Greg (Julie) Simmons of Springfield; one daughter, Julie (Andy Price) Recar of Peoria; 11 grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren, and 3 great-great-grandchildren; one sister, Roberta “Bobbie” (David) Gardner of Morton; and three step-children. Catherine was also preceded in death by her parents, and one great-grandson, Bowden Simmons. She worked as an Associate at Jefferson Bank for many years. Catherine was a member of The American Legion Auxiliary. She loved being outdoors gardening, and taking her loyal dog, Dodge for walks. Catherine’s passion until her recent illness was her love of reading. Until recently she was still completing 3-4 books a week. You could often find her up all night under her reading light with Dodge reading. No one ever met Catherine and left without feeling they had just met the nicest, warmest, unassuming soul. They felt like they had been touched by an Angel. We love you and you will be missed greatly, until we meet again. There will be a graveside service at 11:00 am Friday, March 8, 2019 at Kingston Mines Cemetery. Pastor Kent Smith will officiate. A Celebration of Life will be scheduled at a later date. Memorials may be made to The Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois in memory of Bowden S. Simmons. To view Catherine’s memorial page or to leave an online condolence please go to www.davison-fultonbartonvillechapel.com.
- Francis P. Krumtinger, Father
- Roberta Ailene Marley Krumtinger, Mother
- John A. "Jack" James, Husband
- William E. Simmons, First Husband
- Lex "Tommy" Simmons, Son
- William "Curtis" Simmons, Son
- Dennis (Lisa) Simmons, Son
- Greg (Julie) Simmons, Son
- Julie (Andy Price) Recar, Daughter
- ~ Eleven ~, Grandchildren
- ~ Thirteen ~, Great-grandchildren
- ~ Three ~, Great-great grandchildren
- Roberta "Bobbie" (David) Gardner, Sister
- Catherine is survived by three step-children. She was preceded in death by her parents, her husbands, and her great-grandson, Bowden Simmons.
- The Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois in Memory of Bowden S. Simmons
- Graveside Service Friday, March 8, 2019
Catherine Jeanne James
March 5, 2019
Aunt Jeannie had a twinkle in her eyes and a smile that could light up even the darkest day. As a little girl I just loved her. She had a beautiful spirit. She was such a sweetheart.💕 I will be praying 🙏for my cousins and her family that I don't know. Fly high 😇with the Angels, Aunt Jeannie. Love you.