Kenneth "Papa" P. Richard
February 4, 1935 – April 12, 2018
Kenneth P. "Papa" Richard, age 83, passed away peacefully Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 6:10 p.m. surrounded by his loving family and lifelong friends.
He was born Feb. 4, 1935 in Lockport, IL to Paul and Alice (Baker) Richard. He married Joyce Ingram Nov. 27, 1953 in the Bartonville Methodist Church. She preceded him in death June 1, 2010 in Peoria after 56 1/2 years of marriage. Also preceding him in death were his parents, and his sisters: Sylvia Lee and Loretta "Lori" Bell.
Surviving are one daughter, Kathy Brooks of Peoria, two grandsons: Kenneth (Holly) Brooks of Peoria, Dustin (Kristi Hoover) Brooks of East Peoria, three great-granddaughters: Kinsey and Kalei Brooks of Chillicothe, Allie Brooks of East Peoria, one great-grandson, Keith Brooks of Chillicothe, brothers-in-law, Tom (Kay) Ingram of Bartonville, Larry (Pat) Ingram of Indianapolis, and several nieces and nephews.
Ken attended Manual Training High School class of "53". He lettered in wrestling and played cornet in the marching band and baritone horn in the orchestra. He also played cornet in the Hiram Walker orchestra. He coached and umpired Little League and grade school baseball and coached Lassie League softball for several years. He enjoyed doing stand-up comedy with the "Shockers" music group at retirement parties, service groups, and fundraiser events.
He worked for Interstate Batteries and Caterpillar before starting as a meter reader for CILCO January 1958. He retired in 1993 as an Electric Construction Field Supervisor after 35 1/2 years. He then did handyman and remodeling work for several years. Ken was a St. Louis Cardinal fan and was in attendance at the 2006 World Series Championship game with his daughter Kathy and grandson Ken. He was devoted to his family and friends and his little fur buddies, Rascal and Chipper.
Funeral services will be Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 2 p.m. at the Davison-Fulton Bartonville Chapel. Visitation will be one hour prior to the services. Burial will be in Swan Lake Memory Gardens in Peoria. Memorials may be made to TAPS in Pekin or the charity of the donor's choice. You may view Ken's obituary online at www.davison-fulton-bartonvillechapel.com
- Paul Richard, Father
- Alice (Baker) Richard, Mother
- Joyce (Ingram) Richard, Wife
- Kathy Brooks, Daughter
- Kenneth (Holly) Brooks, Grandson
- Dustin (Kristi Hoover) Brooks, Grandson
- Kinsey Brooks, Great Granddaughter
- Kalei Brooks, Great Granddaughter
- Allie Brooks, Great Granddaughter
- Keith Brooks, Great Grandson
- Tom (Kay) Ingram, Brother-in-law
- Larry (Pat) Ingram, Brother-in-law
- Sylvia Lee, Sister
- Loretta "Lori" Bell, Sister
- ~ Several Nieces and Nephews
- ~ Rascal and Chipper ~, Fur Babies
- Ken was preceded in death by his parents; his wife of 56 1/2 years, Joyce; and his sisters, Sylvia Lee and Loretta "Lori" Bell.
- TAPS in Pekin
- Visitation Tuesday, April 17, 2018
- Funeral Service Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Kenneth "Papa" P. Richard
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY