Glen Edward Gammons
October 17, 1932 – August 2, 2018
Glen Edward Gammons, 85, of Collinsville, VA passed away at home on August 2, 2018. Mr. Gammons was born in Patrick County to William Zachariah Gammons and Gatha Bowman Gammons.
He retired from Old Dominion Box Company with 44 years of service as the superintendent. He served in the National Guard for twelve years. He enjoyed playing golf, hunting, fishing, woodworking, and piloting a plane. He also enjoyed watching Nascar in his free time and spending time with his family. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by five sisters, Mary Ida White, Nancy Jane Craig, Lois Virginia Kendrick, Vergie Mae Crowe, and Clara Belle Hanks; two brothers, Foster Gammons and Junior Robert Gammons; and one grandson, David Thomas Coleman, Jr.
He is survived by his loving wife of 65 years, Janet Gammons; daughters, Vicky Coleman (David) and Lisa Seay (Derek); sisters, Nannie Sue Bowman and Shirley Ann Underwood; grandchildren, Brandon Weeks (Andii), Ashley Weeks, Katharyn Seay and Samantha Seay; great grandchildren, Carson Holley, Saydee Holley, and Dalton Bowles.
A memorial service/ Celebration of Life Service will be held Sunday, August 5, at Collins Funeral Home Chapel at 3:00 p.m. with Dr. G.H. Vaughn and Dr. Joey McNeill officiating. Visitation will be held an hour prior to the service.
Memorial Donations may be made to Fort Trial Baptist Church or McCabe Memorial Baptist Church.
- Gatha Bowman Gammons, Mother
- William Zachariah Gammons, Father
- Janet Minter Gammons, Wife
- Vicky Coleman, Daughter
- David Coleman, Son-in-law
- Lisa Seay, Daughter
- Derek Seay, Son-in-law
- Nannie Sue Bowman, Sister
- Shirley Ann Underwood, Sister
- Mary Ida White, Sister
- Nancy Jane Craig, Sister
- Lois Virginia Kendrick, Sister
- Vergie Mae Crowe, Sister
- Clara Belle Hanks, Sister
- Foster Gammons, Brother
- Junior Robert Gammons, Brother
- David Thomas Coleman Jr., Grandchild
- Brandon Weeks (Andii), Grandchild
- Ashley Weeks, Grandchild
- Katharyn Seay, Grandchild
- Samantha Seay, Grandchild
- Carson Holley, Great Grandchild
- Saydee Holley, Great Grandchild
- Dalton Bowles, Great Grandchild
- Visitation Sunday, August 5, 2018
- Celebration of Life Sunday, August 5, 2018
Glen Edward Gammons
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
August 5, 2018
Uncle Glenn was actually my deceased husband, Junior Kendricks uncle. We lived out of state and only saw him at family. gatherings. He was one of the kindest people I have ever met.. He always had a smile on his face. He was what I call. A Gentle. Man. I want to tell Janet and the girls plus all the rest of the family how sorry I am and all of you are in my prayers. God bless you all.
August 3, 2018
Glenn was favorite Uncle when I was younger years ago he was always there if I needed him RIP Glenn,God Bless The Family