Jerrel Wayne Mayfield
October 24, 1946 – June 10, 2019
Jerrel "Jerry" Wayne Mayfield, 72 was born October 24, 1946 in Baytown, Texas and passed away June 10, 2019 peacefully at home, surrounded by his family.
Preceded in death by his father, James C. "Jake" Mayfield, his mother Katherine Mayfield, first wife Mary Lee Shugart Mayfield, and second wife Lorraine Hamby Mayfield.
Jerry is survived by his children Wendy Phillips and husband Paul, Jerrell Mayfield Jr. and wife Kari, Tanya Stork and husband Brian; grandchildren Corey Phillips and wife Chynna, Josh Phillips and wife Stephanie, Jon Phillips, Mackenzie, Madison and Megan Mayfield, Jacob and Briane King, Kaitlyn, Bryce and Jordan Stork, great grandchildren Hunter and Kora Phillips, and Jackson Anderson. Sister Deborah Read and husband Chester, along with numerous nieces, nephews, family and friends.
Jerry graduated from Robert E. Lee High School in Baytown. After graduation he began a career with Exxon Mobil as an instrument technician at the Baytown Refinery. Later in his career Jerry became a maintenance supervisor, and he served as the President of the Exxon Employee Club. After 35 years of dedicated service Jerry retired. In his spare time, he could be found running, spending time tending to his garden and loving on his sweet dog Hope. Celebrating the holidays and spending quality time with family was one of the things he enjoyed most.
Visitation will be held from 5-7 p.m., Thursday, June 13, 2019 at Navarre Funeral Home, 2444 Rollingbrook Dr, Baytown, Texas 77521. The funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. on Friday, June 14, 2019 also at Navarre Funeral Home. A dinner for family and friends will be held at Mr. Mayfield's home immediately following the service.
- James C. "Jake" Mayfield, Father Deceased
- Katherine Mayfield, Mother Deceased
- Mary Lee Shugart Mayfield, First Wife Deceased
- Lorraine Hamby Mayfield, Second Wife Deceased
- Wendy Phillips and husband Paul, Jerrell Mayfield Jr. and wife Kari, Tanya Stork and husband Brian, Children
- Corey Phillips and wife Chynna, Josh Phillips and wife Stephanie, Jon Phillips, Mackenzie, Madison and Megan Mayfield, Jacob and Briane King, Kaitlyn, Bryce and Jordan Stork, Grandchildren
- Hunter and Kora Phillips, and Jackson Anderson, Great Grandchildren
- Deborah Read and husband Chester, Sister
- along with numerous nieces, nephews, family and friends.
- Visitation Thursday, June 13, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, June 14, 2019
Jerrel Wayne Mayfield
June 13, 2019
When we were all young and would go over to Uncle Jerry's house all the hats lined up in the garage. I always thought that was cool. Then later on in life how much I respected him in how he cared and continued to love Aunt Mary Lee. Rest in Piece Uncle Jerry.