August 26, 1936 – January 30, 2019
Johnye Sweeney, 82, of Crosby, Texas passed away January 30, 2019. She was born in Huntsville, Texas on August 26, 1936 to Louis and Laureise Stephens. She was married to Jim Sweeney for 37 years. Johnye worked in the floral industry for 40-plus years for various florists in Houston and East Texas. She was a talented floral designer and loved floral arranging and decorating. She was a member of the First Baptist Church of Crosby where she was highly involved in the ladies’ Grace Sunday School Class. She was an awesome pianist and played at many churches through the years in service for her Lord. She loved spending time with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren; they were her pride and joy! She was so very proud of all of them. She was preceded in death by her husband James C. Sweeney, Sr.; son James C. Sweeney, Jr.; daughter Leticia Bailey; brother Robert W. Stephens; and son-in-law David Sherrod. She is survived by daughter Stephanie Sweeney Sherrod of Crosby, TX; son Stephen Sweeney and wife Brenda of White Oak, TX; daughter Suprena Sweeney of Gilmer, Tx; sister Flo Mitchell of San Marcos, Tx; brother L.J. Stephens of Huntsville, Tx; grandchildren Patricia and husband Mike Jeffery of Baytown; Krystal and husband Nicholas Castle of Tyler, Tx; Stacy and husband Jody May of Nashville, TN; Matthew and wife Megan Sweeney of Longview, TX; Jonathan and wife Theresa Gray of Tyler, Tx; Jason Sweeney of Longview, Tx; Kelly Bailey of Baytown, Tx; Melissa Sweeney of San Antonio, Tx; Alex “Blake” and wife Brittany Edwards of El Paso, Tx; 18 great-grandchildren; along with numerous nieces and nephews. A visitation will be held on Thursday, February 7, 2019 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Navarre Funeral Home, 2444 Rollingbrook Dr., Baytown, Texas 77521. A Celebration of Life is to be held on Friday, February 8, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. at First Baptist Church of Crosby, 615 Runneburg Crosby, Texas 77532. Interment will be a Falba Cemetery in Huntsville, Texas. Pall Bearers: Jonathan Gray, Andrew Gray, Matthew Sweeney, Garrett Sweeney, Alex "Blake" Edwards, and Nicholas Castle.
- James C. Sweeney, Sr., Husband Deceased
- James C. Sweeney, Jr., Son Deceased
- Leticia Bailey, Daughter Deceased
- Robert W. Stephens, Brother Deceased
- David Sherrod, Son-in-law Deceased
- Stephanie Sweeney Sherrod, Daughter
- Stephen Sweeney and wife Brenda, Son
- Suprena Sweeney, Daughter
- Flo Mitchell, Sister
- L.J. Stephens, Brother
- Patricia and husband Mike Jeffery, Krystal and husband Nicholas Castle, Stacy and husband Jody May, Matthew and wife Megan Sweeney, Grandchildren
- Jonathan and wife Theresa Gray, Jason Sweeney, Kelly Bailey, Melissa Sweeney, and Alex “Blake” and wife Brittany Edwards, Grandchildren
- 18 great-grandchildren; along with numerous nieces and nephews.
- Visitation Thursday, February 7, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, February 8, 2019
- Committal Service Friday, February 8, 2019
Loyce Elaine Kenneday
February 4, 2019
What a beautiful lady she was! I know we shared musical abilities and gifts which we both enjoyed sharing with many others. My love to all the family. May you be comforted by rich memories.
Loyce Elaine Kenneday