Edith Huckabee Lee
December 17, 1915 – December 27, 2018
Edith Huckabee Lee, 103, of Beaumont died Thursday, December 27, 2018, at Calder Woods residential assisted living in Beaumont.
A native and lifelong resident of Jefferson County, she was born December 17, 1915, to Mollie Gertrude Oglesbee Huckabee and Willie Joseph Huckabee. She was a member of Rosedale Baptist Church.
She is survived by her two sons, William (Bill) George Lee and his wife, Brenda, of Lexington, S.C., and Ward Hamilton Lee of Beaumont; granddaughters Tracy Lee McKelvey and her husband, Steve, of Columbia, S.C., and Heather Lee Kennerly and her husband, John, of Greenwood, S.C.; great granddaughters Elizabeth (Elise) Rose McKelvey of Philadelphia, Penn., Autumn Lee Kennerly and Bridget Nicole Kennerly of Greenville, S.C.; and numerous beloved nieces, nephews and extended family.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Lloyd Edward Lee, brother Frank Huckabee, and sisters Willie Mae Dean and Mary Studdert.
As the last surviving Huckabee sibling, she (known as “Mammaw” by her grands and “Aunt Edith” by most other family members) had become the matriarch to many Huckabee descendants and will be deeply missed.
Visitation will be 10-11 a.m., Friday, Jan. 4, at Forest Lawn Funeral Home, Beaumont, with a graveside service following at 11 a.m. at Forest Lawn Memorial Park.
- Willie Joseph Huckabee, Father
- Mollie Gertrude Huckabee, Mother
- Lloyd Edward Lee, Husband
- William (Bill) George Lee and his wife Brenda, Son
- Ward Hamilton Lee, Son
- Tracy Lee McKelvey and her husband Steve, Granddaughter
- Heather Lee Kennerly and her husband John, Granddaughter
- Elizabeth (Elise) Rose McKelvey, Great Granddaughter
- Autumn Lee Kennerly, Great Granddaughter
- Bridget Nicole Kennerly, Great Granddaughter
- Edith is also survived by numerous beloved nieces, nephews and extended family to cherish her memory.
- A Gathering to Celebrate the Life of Edith Friday, January 4, 2019
- A Celebration of Edith's Life Friday, January 4, 2019