Ervin Ray Benoit
September 21, 1935 – June 20, 2020
Ervin "Ray" Benoit, 84, of Orange passed away on Saturday, June 20, 2020 under the care of Texas Total Care Hospice. A native of Youngsville, LA., Ray has lived in Orange for 20 years and was a retired carpenter/cabinet maker. Ray enjoyed golfing, duck and goose hunting, and fishing. Graveside services will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at Lafayette Memorial Park in Lafayette, LA., under the direction of Forest Lawn Funeral Home in Beaumont. Ray was preceded in death by his parents, Valex and Oceana Benoit, and his brother, Harold Benoit. Ray is survived by his loving wife of 61 years Mary Benoit, his son, David Benoit and wife Sheree of Bridge City, and daughter Jody Love and husband Russell of Mauriceville, grandchildren, Brandi Harmon, Matt Matthews, David R. Benoit, Braci Lawson, Rusty Love, Jana Roy, and Elizabeth Jones. He is also survived by his 18 great grandchildren, brother Carol Benoit and many nieces and nephews.
- Mary LeBlanc Benoit, Wife
- David Benoit (Sheree), Son
- Jody Love (Russell), Daughter
- Brandi Harmon, Granddaughter
- Matt Matthews, Grandson
- David R. Benoit, Grandson
- Jana Roy, Granddaughter
- Rusty Love, Grandson
- Braci Lawson, Granddaughter
- Valex Benoit, Father (deceased)
- Oceana Baudoin Benoit, Mother (deceased)
- Harold Benoit, Brother (deceased)
- Elizabeth Jones, Granddaughter
- David Ryan Benoit, Active Pallbearer
- Devin Jones, Active Pallbearer
- Rusty Love, Active Pallbearer
- Jason Lawson, Active Pallbearer
- Corey Harnon, Active Pallbearer
- Breckin Hanley, Active Pallbearer
A Celebration of Ray's Life
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
Ervin Ray Benoit
June 27, 2020
I have been so honoured to be a neighbour of Ray and Mary for the past 10 years. They were so kind to me, staring with the day I lost my house-key and they let me use their phone. I was lucky enough to have tasted Mr Rays' gumbo, and not very long ago he gifted me with an absolutely beautiful hand made and carved clock.
Now I must focus on Miss Mary and trying to make sure she is going to be ok.
Just wonderful people and a blessing to know.