Walter Bordages Sr.
August 8, 1937 – July 24, 2019
John Walter Bordages, Sr. is free from illness since the Lord & Savior called him home on July 24, 2019. He was born in Beaumont, TX on August 8, 1937, to the late Marie Bonnemaison Bordages and James Dennis Bordages. Walter is predeceased by his brothers: J.D. (Jr.), Phillip, Msgr. Martin, William (Bill), I.R. (Buddy), Patrick and his sister: Sr. Denise (Dominican Sister). He is survived by his wife of 57 years, Linda Holley Bordages, sons: Walter Bordages, Jr., Stephen Bordages and wife, Renee’, Mark Bordages and wife, Stacy, grandchildren Drake, Blake and Jordan Bordages, sisters: Sr. Raphael, Sr. Marie, Sr. Emily, Sr. Francis Marie (Dominican Sisters) and Loretta Gary. Along with many nieces, nephews and cousins. We would also like to acknowledge his Nanny, Julia Garlasky, who was instrumental in helping his mother raise Walter and his siblings. She loved them all and he loved her like a mother.
After graduation from St. Anthony High School in Beaumont in 1956, Walter cowboyed until entering the United States Army. He proudly served our country from 1958-1960 where he excelled and received numerous medals of recognition for his sharpshooter skills along with his honorable discharge. Walter went on to work in the oil and gas industry as a technician for 30 plus years until his retirement.
In retirement, Walter enjoyed raising cattle, ranching and spending his time with his grandkids.
Visitation will be held in Beaumont on Sunday, July 28, 2019 from 5:00-8:00 p.m. at Forest Lawn Funeral Home (4955 Pine St., Beaumont, TX) with a rosary at 7:00 p.m. Service with Mass of Christian Burial will be held at St. Anthony Cathedral Basilica on Monday, July 29, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. Interment will follow at Trout Creek Cemetery in Call, TX.
A special thank you to pall bearers; Drake Bordages, Blake Bordages, Troy Wagner, Johnnie Earl Holley, Wade Gary and Kent Foulgot
The family would like to extend their heartfelt thanks to Alice Jenkins and staff at The Loving Care Personal Care Home along with Riceland Healthcare and staff for caring for Walter for the last years of his life.
- JD (Jr) Bordages, Brother (deceased)
- Phillip Bordages, Brother (deceased)
- Msgr. Martin Bordages, Brother (deceased)
- William (Bill) Bordages, Brother (deceased)
- I.R. (Buddy) Bordages, Brother (deceased)
- Patrick Bordages, Brother (deceased)
- Sr. Denise (Dominican Sister), Sister (deceased)
- Linda Holley Bordages, Wife
- Walter Bordages Jr., Son
- Stephen and Wife Renee' Bordages, Son
- Mark and Wife Stacy Bordages, Son
- Drake Bordages, Grandchild
- Blake Bordages, Grandchild
- Jordan Bordages, Grandchild
- Sr. Raphael, Sister
- Sr. Marie, Sister
- Sr. Emily, Sister
- Sr. Francis Marie (Dominican Sisters), Sister
- Loretta Gray, Sister
- A Gathering to Share Memories of Walter Sunday, July 28, 2019
- Rosary Sunday, July 28, 2019
- A Mass Christian Burial Monday, July 29, 2019