Lester Paul Ward
March 6, 1934 – October 8, 2019
Lester Paul Ward, age 85, of Indianapolis, Indiana passed away on Tuesday October 8, 2019. Lester was born on March 6, 1934 in Birmingham, Alabama to the late Lester Willard and Maggie (Crowder) Ward. He graduated from Beech Grove High School in 1953. He married Nina Jean Williams on July 3, 1953.
Lester worked as a lithographer for Litho Press Inc. in Indianapolis for over 40 years. He was a member of Shelbyville Road Church of Christ in Indianapolis as well as the Graphic Communications Union.
Lester is survived by his loving wife of 66 years, Nina (Williams) Ward; children, Melinda Ward, David (Mary) Ward, Beth Ward, Daniel (Rosanne) Ward and Thomas (Karen) Ward; grandchildren, Maggie (Nathan) Moore, Kelly (James) Chamberlin, Samuel Paul Ward, Alec Ward, Drew (Kimberly) Ward and Abby Ward; and great grandchildren, Avery Moore, Eli Moore, Logan Chamberlin and Xayden Ward. Lester was preceded in death by his parents, Lester and Maggie Ward; brother, Billy Ward; and his faithful dog, Brutus.
A visitation for Lester will be held on Friday, October 11, 2019 from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Little & Sons Funeral Home, 1301 Main Street, Beech Grove, Indiana 46107. Burial will take place at Furnace Hill Cemetery in Vernon, Alabama at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made by mail to the Pine Vale Children's Home, 1872 County Road 700, Corinth, Mississippi 38834 or by visiting the website at http://www.pinevalechildrenshome.com/donate-to-pine-vale-today.html.
- Lester Willard Ward, Father (deceased)
- Maggie Ward, Mother (deceased)
- Nina (Williams) Ward, Wife
- Melinda Ward, Daughter
- David (Mary) Ward, Son
- Beth Ward, Daughter
- Daniel (Rosanne) Ward, Son
- Thomas (Karen) Ward, Son
- Billy Ward, Brother (deceased)
- Maggie (Nathan) Moore, Grandchild
- Kelly (James) Chamberlin, Grandchild
- Samuel Paul Ward, Grandchild
- Alec Ward, Grandchild
- Drew (Kimberly) Ward, Grandchild
- Abby Ward, Grandchild
- Avery Moore, Great Grandchild
- Eli Moore, Great Grandchild
- Logan Chamberlin, Great Grandchild
- Xayden Ward, Great Grandchild
- Pine Vale Children's Home
- Visitation Friday, October 11, 2019
Lester Paul Ward
October 12, 2019
Dave I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, the thing I remember most about your Dad was his love for planes, I'm sorry we missed the viewing but please know, Suzy and I are praying for you and your family.