Gilbert William Hensey
April 21, 1933 – November 25, 2019
Gilbert W. “Sam” Hensey, 86, of Normal, passed away Monday (Nov. 25, 2019) at Advocate Bromenn, Normal.
His funeral service will be 11 a.m. Friday, December 6 at the First United Presbyterian Church, Normal. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday at the church.
Sam was born April 21, 1933 in DePue, Illinois. He received his Bachelor and Master’s Degrees in Architecture from the University of Illinois. Sam retired from State Farm Insurance in 1998 after 30 years of service as an architectural consultant in the Investment department.
He is survived by his high school sweetheart and wife of 64 years, Buelah; three children Kathy (Steve) Nelson, Grayslake, Jim (Tina) Hensey, Bloomington, and Beth McNicholas, Orland Park; five grandchildren, Jessica (Nick) Schultz, Tacoma, Washington, Kelsey Nelson, Mundelein, Megan McNicholas, Chicago, Sean McNicholas, Chicago, and Matthew Hensey, Bloomington; two great-grandchildren, Natalie and Logan Schultz.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Sam was a Master Gardner, member of Golden K Kiwanis, an accomplished watercolor painter, and a lifelong Illini and St. Louis Cardinal fan. Memorial contributions may be made to the First Presbyterian Church of Normal or the Golden K Kiwanis Club of Bloomington-Normal.
- Buelah Rodriguez Hensey, Wife
- Earl Hensey, Father
- Lola Hausz Hensey, Mother
- Kathy (Steve) Nelson, Daughter
- Jim (Tina) Hensey, Son
- Beth McNicholas, Daughter
- Jessica (Nick) Schultz, Granddaughter
- Kelsey Nelson, Granddaughter
- Megan McNicholas, Granddaughter
- Sean McNicholas, Grandson
- Matthew Hensey, Grandson
- Natalie Schultz, Great Granddaughter
- Logan Schultz, Great Grandson
- Visitation Friday, December 6, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, December 6, 2019