James Bernard Irwin
November 25, 1927 – July 24, 2019
James B Irwin, 91, passed away July 24th at the Martin Center, Bloomington, IL He was born November 25, 1927 in Bloomington, IL to Edmund and Loretta (Hastings) Irwin.
He is survived by two daughters, Dana (Caswell) VanCleve, Texas and Lisa (Don) Fehrman, Bloomington. and one son James (Karen) Irwin, South Carolina. He is survived by 6 grandchildren: Jennifer (Sean) Whisner, Amanda Steele, Ryan Phillips, Brandon (Allison) Fehrman, Lindsey (Mark) Osnowitz, Jaime (Eric) Taylor and 12 great grandchildren. He is also survived by his brother, Lyle Irwin, Missouri. He was preceded in death by his wife, June, his parents, and two brothers Paul Irwin and Edmund Irwin.
He worked at Illinois State University as a superintendent in the office of Residential Life. He retired from ISU in 1992. He served in the US Merchant Marines and was in the US Army in Korea.
Visitation will be held Friday August 2, 2019 10 a.m.- 11:30 a.m. at East Lawn Funeral Home, Bloomington. Funeral service to follow visitation. Pastor Danny McCubbins will officiate. Entombment will be at East Lawn Memorial Gardens.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.eastlawnmemorial.com.
- Dana (Caswell) VanCleve, Daughter
- Lisa (Don) Fehrman, Daughter
- James (Karen) Irwin, Son
- Jennifer (Sean) Whisner, Granddaughter
- Amanda Steele, Granddaughter
- Ryan Phillips, Grandson
- Brandon (Allison) Fehrman, Grandson
- Lindsey (Mark) Osnowitz, Granddaughter
- Jaime (Eric) Taylor, Granddaughter
- Lyle Irwin, Brother
- June Irwin, Wife (deceased)
- Edmund Irwin, Father (deceased)
- Loretta Irwin, Mother (deceased)
- Paul Irwin, Brother (deceased)
- Edmund Irwin, Brother (deceased)
- Mr. Irwin is survived by 12 great-children.
- Caswell VanCleve
- Don Fehrman
- James Irwin
- Marc Osnowitz
- Brandon Fehrman
- Visitation Friday, August 2, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, August 2, 2019
- Burial Friday, August 2, 2019