Marjorie Lois Higby
June 30, 1936 – August 30, 2019
Marjorie Lois Higby, 83, of Lexington passed away at 1:20 pm Friday, August 30. 2019. She was born June 30, 1936 in Jerusalem, New York, the daughter of Albert and Frances Simmons Hammond. She married Charles Leroy Higby on December 29, 1955.
Marjorie is survived by her children, Theresa Higby of Cove, AR, Georgia (Joe) Saucedo of Marengo, IL, Mark (Dorothy Bangle) Higby of Mercer, WI, Daryl (Melissa) Higby of Crystal Lake, IL, Tim (Sandy) Higby of Mena, AR, Julie (Dan) Vara of Lexington, IL, and Gene (Wendy) Higby of AL; sixteen grandchildren and eleven great-grandchildren; one brother, Amos (Laura) Hammond of Penn Yan, NY; one sister-in-law, Lena Hammond of Charlestown, IN; and her 13 year old cat, Orion.
She was preceded in death by her husband of forty years; her parents; seven brothers, two sisters; one son, Aaron; and one grandchild, Billy.
Marjorie loved her gardening, cooking, Bingo and her birds.
Cremation rites have been accorded. Services will take place September 15, 2019 10:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. at Windridge Memorial Park and Nature Sanctuary in Cary, IL. Memorials may be made to the family. To view Marjorie’s memorial page or to leave an online condolence please go to www.eastlawnmemorial.com.
- Theresa Higby, Daughter
- Georgia (Joe) Saucedo, Daughter
- Mark (Dorothy Bangle) Higby, Son
- Daryl (Melissa) Higby, Son
- Sandy Higby, Daughter
- Julie (Dan) Vara, Daughter
- Gene (Wendy) Higby, Son
- Amos (Laura) Hammond, Brother
- Lena Hammond, Sister-in-law
- Her 13 year old cat Orion, Other
- Charles Leroy Higby, Husband (deceased)
- Albert Hammond, Father (deceased)
- Frances Hammond, Mother (deceased)
- Aaron Higby, Son (deceased)
- Billy Higby, Grandchild (deceased)
- Marjorie was preceded in death by her husband of 40 years; her parents; seven brothers; two sisters; one son Aaron; and one grandchild Billy.
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Windridge Memorial Park and Nature Sanctuary
7014 S Rawson Bridge Rd
Marjorie Lois Higby
September 5, 2019
Dear Higby Family,
Please accept my condolences for the loss of your Mom, Mom-In-Law and Grandmother. I work with Melissa and she is very proud of all her family. It is a difficult time, you'll find your strength in each other.