Dorothy Catherine Stefanski
January 6, 1920 – February 3, 2020
Dorothy Stefanski (nee Kinsfogel) was born in her family home in West Allis, Wisconsin on January 6, 1920. She attended St. Aloysius grade school and graduated from West Allis central high school in 1937. Her father was a carpenter for the railroad while her mother owned a family corner grocery store in West Allis.
Dorothy married Stanley Stefanski in 1942 after meeting him at a dance at the eagle’s club in Milwaukee Wisconsin. Mom was won over by dad’s dancing eyes.
Dorothy was a bookkeeper and always loved her numbers. Stanley served in the army during WW II and received the bronze star medal for courage and valor.
Mom and dad raised eight children in West Allis and in 1983, they moved to Florida where they bought a home in Deerfield Lake in coconut creek. After moving to Florida, they made many wonderful friends and had a fun social life dancing, playing bridge and bingo. She especially loved playing the penny slots and was called the “lucky lady”. Mom was a wonderful cook and baker and left a legacy of yummy recipes for her family.
Along with her eight children, she was blessed with ten grandchildren and thirteen great grandchildren who loved her very much.
She is predeceased by her husband Stanley after 67 years of marriage and her two oldest sons, James and Kenneth and daughter, Shirley.
She lived a strong Christian life trusting in the lord Jesus Christ and taught her family how to love and be compassionate. She is missed by all.
- Stanley Stefanski, Husband (deceased)
- Janice Klafka, Daughter
- James Klafka, Son-in-law (deceased)
- James Stefanski, Son (deceased)
- Denise Stefanski, Daughter-in-law
- Kenneth Stefanski, Son (deceased)
- Janan Stefanski, Daughter-in-law
- Ronald Stefanski, Son
- Eileen Tollefson, Daughter
- David Tollefson, Son-in-law
- Thomas Stefanski, Son
- Shirley Lukaszewski, Daughter (deceased)
- Barbara Salzberg, Daughter
- Richard Salzberg, Son-in-law
- Pamela Nieskes, Granddaughter
- Edward Nieskes, Grandson-in-Law
- Lynn Prescott, Granddaughter
- Jeff Prescott, Grandson-in-Law
- Debbie Stefanski-Greyson, Granddaughter
- Bradley Tollefson, Grandson
- Elizabeth Tollefson, Granddaughter-in-Law
- Brian Tollefson, Grandson
- Kim Tollefson, Granddaughter-in-Law
- Amber Tollefson, Granddaughter
- Laura Klafka, Granddaughter
- Patrick Klafka, Grandson
- Jeffrey Lukaszewski, Grandson
- Heather Lukaszewski, Granddaughter-in-Law
- Michelle Guerra, Granddaughter
- Kayla Nieskes, Great Grandchild
- Abigail Nieskes, Great Grandchild
- Ethan Nieskes, Great Grandchild
- Jackson Prescott, Great Grandchild
- Mallory Prescott, Great Grandchild
- Cooper Prescott, Great Grandchild
- Chase Tollefson, Great Grandchild
- Adler Tollefson, Great Grandchild
- Kinglsey Tollefson, Great Grandchild
- Crosby Tollefson, Great Grandchild
- Kyla Tollefson, Great Grandchild
- Mia Tollefson, Great Grandchild
- Funeral Mass Monday, February 10, 2020
- Committal Service Friday, February 14, 2020
Dorothy Catherine Stefanski
February 6, 2020
To the Tollefson family. Dorothy was indeed the Mid Western Mom who loved her children to the moon and back. Being a family friend for years has allowed me the joy of knowing her. I will always remember her dedication to her Christian Faith, her love of family gatherings, her wonderful German Potato Salad and best of all , her Christmas Goodies. A dedicated woman to good values and great love of family. Rest In Peace Dorothy. You will be missed.