Eliza Willese "Bill" Bullard Lowrey
September 5, 1925 – July 15, 2018
Eliza Willese “Bill” Bullard Lowrey, 92, passed from this life Sunday morning, July 15, 2018. She was born September 5, 1925, to George M. and Willie Swaim Bullard and was married to her life partner, William Roy Lowrey for 60 years.
A celebration of life will be 11:00AM Thursday, July 19, 2018 at McMillan Funeral Home with her son-in-law Elder Ben L. Burcham officiating. Interment will be in New Hope Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery next to her beloved husband. Visitation will be from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM Thursday at the funeral home.
Mrs. Lowrey was a member of New Hope Primitive Baptist Church where she started a group and was responsible for calling the elderly and sick of her church and putting together gift baskets for shut-ins during the holidays. She was a Cub Scout leader for both of her sons and an associate Girl Scout leader for her daughter’s troop; a volunteer mom for her children’s schools and a member of the Neighborhood Home Maker’s Club. An outstanding hostess, her home had an open door policy for her children and their friends. She and her husband enjoyed tending their roses and variety of plants in their yard and gardening. She enjoyed decorating, writing and reading, especially poetry.
Mrs. Lowrey is survived by her daughter, Beverly Lowrey (Ben L.) Burcham; two sons: W. Mark (Melanie) Lowrey and Gregory Taft (Kimber) Lowery; Eight grandchildren, Jeanne C. Lowrey and Dena A. Lowrey (Jeff) Williams of Chattanooga, TN; Dr. Angela W. Burcham of Savannah, GA; Amanda L. Burcham (Derek) Garvin of Booneville, MS; Lauren Lowrey (Taft) Alford and Chase Lowrey of South Carolina; Will (Sarah) Lowrey of Atlanta, GA; and Lanie Lowrey of Land-O-Lakes, FL; Six great grandchildren: Taylor (Maggie) Williams of Chattanooga, TN, Audri and Aidan Garvin of Booneville, MS; Rowan Alford and Maisy Lowrey of SC; and Eloise Lowrey of Atlanta, GA; and one great, great grandson, Layton Williams of Chattanooga, TN; a sister, Saundra D. Bullard Smith, her children Tori Smith, Sherri Porterfield, Brad (Crystal) Smith and Sarah Smith; one sister-in-law, Marie Lowrey Davis of Kankakee, IL.
Preceded in death by her husband, William Roy Lowrey; her parents, George M. and Willie Swaim Bullard; step mother, Carmon Cole Bullard; three sisters: Genie Inez Bullard Wages, Eunice Ion Bullard and Wanda Elizabeth Bullard; brothers-in-law, Billy H. Smith, James Davis, Jr., Imon S. Wages, Troy Samuel Lowery, Hoyt A. Lowrey, Robert Lowrey, Edwin Lowrey, Bill Higgins, Jimmy Green, Homer Holder; sisters-in-law: Arbadella (Peggy) Lowrey Brewer, Elaine Lambert Lowrey, Justine Lowrey Higgins, Faye Lowrey Green, Ivey Lowrey Holder, Lourinne Johnson (Troy) Lowrey, Ann Engle Lowrey, Earnestine Cunningham (Robert) Lowrey, and father and mother-in-law, William Austin and Mary Jane Lowrey.
Pall Bearers were her grandsons and great grandsons: Jeff Williams, Derek Garvin, Will Lowrey, Chase Lowrey, Aidan Garvin and nephew Brad Smith.
Arrangements were under the direction of McMillian Funeral Home.
- Beverly Lowrey (Ben) Burcham, Daughter
- W. Mark (Melanie) Lowrey, Son
- Gregory Taft (Kimber) Lowrey, Son
- Jeanne C. Lowrey, Grandchild
- Dena Lowrey (Jeff) Williams, Grandchild
- Dr. Angela W. Burcham, Grandchild
- Amanda Burcham (Derek) Garvin, Grandchild
- Lauren Lowrey (Taft) Alford, Grandchild
- Chase Lowrey, Grandchild
- Will (Sarah) Lowrey, Grandchild
- Lanie Lowrey, Grandchild
- Taylor (Maggie) Williams, Great Grandchild
- Audri Garvin, Great Grandchild
- Aidtnan Garvin, Great Grandchild
- Rowan Alford, Great Grandchild
- Maisy Lowrey, Great Grandchild
- Eloise Lowrey, Great Grandchild
- Layton Williams, Great Great Grandchild
- Saundra Bullard (Billy) Smith, Sister
- Tori Smith, Niece
- Sherri Porterfield, Niece
- Brad (Crystal) Smith, Nephew
- Sarah Smith, Niece
- Marie Lowrey (James Jr.) Davis, Sister-in-law
- Jeff Williams , Active Pallbearer
- Derek Garvin, Active Pallbearer
- Will Lowrey, Active Pallbearer
- Chase Lowrey, Active Pallbearer
- Aidan Garvin, Active Pallbearer
- Brad Smith, Active Pallbearer
- Visitation Thursday, July 19, 2018
- A Celebration of Life Thursday, July 19, 2018
Eliza Willese "Bill" Bullard Lowrey
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY