Miriam Adell Johnson (Ryan) Riddle
January 7, 1929 – January 5, 2021
On January 5, 2021, Miriam Riddle, known to family and friends as “Bill”, passed away at the East Alabama Medical Center in Opelika, AL. She was born January 7, 1929, to Chester and Adell Johnson in Paden, MS. She was a graduate of Tishomingo High School. Mrs. Riddle was a talented seamstress, and enjoyed mending and sewing clothes for her family and doing cross stitched items. She also enjoyed spending time with family, especially grands and great grands, and being involved with her church. She was a member of Crestwood Baptist Church in Booneville, MS.
A Celebration of Life Graveside Service will be at 1:00 P.M. Saturday, February 6, 2021, at the Magnolia Gardens Cemetery in Biggersville, MS with Rev. Chuck Boxx officiating. Due to the Pandemic, masks and social distancing will be required.
She is survived by her daughter, Carolyn Ryan Crouse (David) of Auburn, AL; step-daughter, Jennie Riddle of Madison, AL; three grandchildren, Jennifer Rangel of Tupelo, MS, Christian Horner (Lindsay) of Kingport, TN, and Lindsey Overholt (Robert) of Nashville, TN; two step-grandchildren, Andy Crouse (Leigh) of Madison, AL, and Joanna Flannagan (Kevin) of Opelika, AL; six great-grandchildren, Nate and Chloe Rangel, Bryson, Parker, Mae and Lucy Horner; six step great-grandchildren, Anna, Ben, and Alex Crouse, Lily, Tripp, and Patrick Flannagan; three sisters, Vara Taylor of Iuka, MS, Wanda Smith and Barbara Borden of Booneville, MS; one sister-in-law, Louise Johnson from Marianna, FL; and a host of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; first husband, Edgar Ryan; second husband, Travis Riddle; one brother, James Johnson; three brothers-in-law, Milton Taylor, Darrell Smith, and Bobby Borden.
Honorary Pallbearers will be Christian Horner, Dennis Smith, Bobby Fowler, Jimmy Taylor, Robert Overholt, Rod McCreary, and Carl Coleman.
In lieu of flowers, make donations to your local Food Bank or your favorite charity.
Condolences may be left at www.mcmillanfuneralhome.com.
- Carolyn Ryan Crouse ~ Aubrun, AL (David), Daughter
- Jennie Riddle ~ Madison, AL, Step-Daughter
- Jennie Rangel ~ Tupelo, MS, Grandchild
- Christian Horner ~ Kingport, TN (Lindsay), Grandchild
- Lindsey Overholt ~ Nashville, TN (Robert), Grandchild
- Andy Crouse ~ Madison, AL (Leigh), Step-Grandchild
- Joanna Flannagan ~ Opelika, AL (Kevin), Step-Grandchild
- Nate Rangel, Great-Grandchild
- Chloe Rangel, Great-Grandchild
- Bryson Horner, Great-Grandchild
- Mae Horner, Great-Grandchild
- Lucy Horner, Great-Grandchild
- Vara Taylor ~ Iuka, MS, Sister
- Wanda Smith ~ Booneville, MS, Sister
- Barbara Borden ~ Booneville, MS, Sister
- Louise Johnson ~ Marianna, FL, Sister-in-law
- Chester Johnson, Father (deceased)
- Adell Johnson, Mother (deceased)
- Edgar Ryan, First Husband (deceased)
- Travis Riddle, Second Husband (deceased)
- James Johnson, Brother (deceased)
- Milton Taylor, Brother-in-law (deceased)
- Darrell Smith, Brother-in-law (deceased)
- Bobby Borden, Brother-in-law (deceased)
- Mrs. Riddle is also survived by a host of nieces and nephews.
- Christian Horner, Honorary Pallbearer
- Dennis Smith, Honorary Pallbearer
- Bobby Fowler, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jimmy Taylor, Honorary Pallbearer
- Robert Overholt, Honorary Pallbearer
- Rod McCreary, Honorary Pallbearer
- Carl Coleman, Honorary Pallbearer
A Celebration of Life Graveside Service
Saturday, February 6, 2021