July 15, 1921 – November 2, 2019
Opal Baggett, 98, passed away Saturday, November 2, 2019, at Whitfield Nursing Home in Corinth. She was born July 15, 1921, to George and Ludie Baggett. She attended of Union Baptist Church. She enjoyed sewing, flower gardening, and loved cats.
A Celebration of Life service will be at 1:00 P.M. Thursday, November 7, 2019, at McMillian Funeral Home with Mr. Matt Smith officiating. Burial will be in Antioch Cemetery.
She is survived by two nephews, Ronnie Baggett and Billy Baggett; five nieces, Judy (Johnny) Meredith, Diane Wilbanks, Nema Reed (Dennis Johnson), Marty Horne, and Eva (Carey) Houston; and seven great-nieces and nephews, Chad Meredith, Phillip Meredith, Dana (Matt) Smith, Lana Eaton, Justin (Penny) Berry, Shannon (Austin) Rowland, and Douglas Houston.
She was preceded in death by her parents; six brothers, Joel Baggett, Cullen Baggett, Reece Baggett, Oliver Baggett and Hollis Baggett; two sisters, Elley Baggett and Etta Baggett; one nephew, Buddy Baggett; and one great-nephew, Shane Steen.
Visitation will be Wednesday from 5:00 P.M. until 8:00 P.M. at the funeral home.
Condolences may be left at www.mcmillanfuneralhome.com.
- Ronnie Baggett, Nephew
- Billy Baggett, Nephew
- Judy (Johnny) Meredith, Niece
- Diane Wilbanks, Niece
- Nema (Dennis Johnson) Reed, Niece
- Marty Horne, Niece
- Eva (Carey) Houston, Niece
- Chad Meredith, Great-Nephew
- Phillip Meredith, Great-Nephew
- Dana (Matt) Smith, Great-Niece
- Lana Eaton, Great-Niece
- Justin (Penny) Berry, Great-Nephew
- Shannon (Austin) Rowland, Great-Niece
- Douglas Houston, Great-Nephew
- George Baggett, Father (deceased)
- Ludie Baggett, Mother (deceased)
- Joel Baggett, Brother (deceased)
- Cullen Baggett, Brother (deceased)
- Reece Baggett, Brother (deceased)
- Oliver Baggett, Brother (deceased)
- Hollis Baggett, Brother (deceased)
- Elley Baggett, Sister (deceased)
- Etta Baggett, Sister (deceased)
- Buddy Baggett, Nephew (deceased)
- Shane Steen, Great-Nephew (deceased)
- Visitation Wednesday, November 6, 2019
- Celebration of Life Thursday, November 7, 2019