Virginia Elizabeth Hopper
January 6, 1936 – June 13, 2019
Viginia Elizabeth Hopper, age 83, of Booneville, passed away Thursday, June 13, 2019 at Landmark Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Booneville. She was born January 6, 1936 to Eddie Whitley and Flora “Flossie” Frasier Whitley. She was a long time employee of ITT in Corinth, after retiring she was a house wife. She enjoyed working outside, gardening and working with her flowers. She loved visiting with family and especially her granddaughter and great grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM Saturday, June 15, 2019 at McMillan Funeral Home. Burial will be in Booneville Cemetery. She is survived by her son, Phillip Hopper (Johnnie) of Tupelo; granddaughter, Janie Plunkett Sanders (Doug) of Saltillo; great grandchildren, Thomas Sanford of Beauford, SC, Brook Sanford of Saltillo, Cloey Sanford of Salitllo and Baylee Sanders of Starkville; brothers, Horace Whitley (Vonnie) of Pascagoula and Ray Whitley (Madge) of Booneville and sisters, Gwendline “Dinnie” Kelton, Sarah Brackeen (Vincent) and Billie Bethany all of Booneville.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Vance Ray Hopper and her parents.
Condolences may be left at www.mcmillanfuneralhome.com
- Phillip (Johnnie) Hopper, Son
- Janie Plunkett (Doug) Sanders, Grandchild
- Thomas Sanford, Great Grandchild
- Brook Sanford, Great Grandchild
- Cloey Sanford, Great Grandchild
- Baylee Sanders, Great Grandchild
- Horace (Vonnie) Whitley, Brother
- Ray (Madge) Whitley, Brother
- Gwendline "Dinnie" Kelton, Sister
- Sarah (Vincent) Brackeen, Sister
- Billie Bethany, Sister
- Vance Ray Hopper, Husband
- Eddie Whitley, Father
- Flora "Flossie" Frasier Whitley, Mother
- Visitation Saturday, June 15, 2019