Dominic Joseph Carpenito
April 23, 1935 – May 26, 2018
Dominic J. Carpenito of Buzzards Bay passed away on May 26th at the age of 83.
Dominic served in the United States Air Force from 1954-1958 before working as an electrical engineer for Draper Laboratories at MIT in Cambridge. He was an avid golfer and long-time member of Plymouth Country Club, where he could be found spending as much time playing cards at the clubhouse as he did on the course itself. Those who knew Dominic best knew of his love to banter, and the quiet manner in which he showed those closest to him he cared.
Dominic was predeceased by his parents, Dominic and Ann Carpenito, and his brother and best friend, Frank J. Carpenito. Dominic is survived by his sister-in-law, Phyllis Carpenito of Monument Beach; his niece Ann Marie Strode of Bourne and her husband Ed Strode; his nephew Frank R. Carpenito of Pocasset and his wife Liz Carpenito; and his great nieces and nephews: Emma Strode, Daniel Strode, Frankie J. Carpenito and Siena Carpenito.
Visiting hours will be held at Nickerson Bourne Funeral Home in Bourne on Thursday, May 31st from 10:30 - 11:30AM, with a Memorial Service at 11:30AM. A burial at will follow at Massachusetts National Veterans Cemetery at 12:45PM. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Francis Ouimet Scholarship Fund in Dominic’s name.
- Phyllis Carpenito, Sister-in-law
- Ann Marie Strode, Niece
- Ed Strode, Nephew in law
- Frank R. Carpenito, Nephew
- Liz Carpenito, Niece in law
- Emma Strode, Great Niece
- Daniel Strode, Great Nephew
- Frank J. Carpenito, Great Nephew
- Siena Carpenito, Great Niece
- Dominic was predeceased by his parents, Dominic and Ann Carpenito, and his brother and best friend, Frank J. Carpenito.
- Visitation Thursday, May 31, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, May 31, 2018
- Interment Thursday, May 31, 2018