John W. Schaeffer
October 11, 1947 – June 30, 2019
John W. Schaeffer, 71 of Boyertown. Husband of Janet L. (Reichart) Schaeffer. Passed away in his residence of the morning of Sunday June 30, 2019. Born in Bechtelsville he was a son of the late Hilda M. (Badman) and Steward R. “Stu” Schaeffer, Sr. He worked as a Math Teacher for the Boyertown Area School District for 36 ½ years Retiring in January 2006.John also received the Outstanding Educator Award for 2004-2005. John also was a life member of BORSEA and a past member of the Lions and Leo club. He is survived by his children, Timothy J. Schaeffer at home and Lauren wife of Scott Moulin of Exeter Twp. Triplet grandchildren, James E., Lyla R. and Rileigh P. Moulin all at home. Sister, Kathryn M. wife of Robert Murphy of Boyertown. He was predeceased by a son, John Erik (Jess) and brothers Stewart R. Jr. (Corky) and Robert P. (Butch). The Schaeffers would have celebrated their 40th anniversary in July. Funeral Services will be held at the Linwood W. Ott Funeral Home, Inc., 111 North Reading Ave. Boyertown on Tuesday July 9, 2019 at 11:00 AM. Family and friends may call Monday from 6:00 to 8:00 PM and on Tuesday from 10:00 to 11:00 AM. In lieu of flowers contributions may be made in John’s name to Jess’s Sunshine Fund, c/o Berks County Community Foundation, 237 Court St. Reading, PA. 19601. Online condolences may be made at www.lwottfuneralhome.com
- Janet L. (Reichart) Schaeffer, Wife
- Timothy J. Schaeffer, Son
- Lauren M. Moulin, Daughter
- Scott T. Moulin, Son-in-law
- Kathryn M. Murphy, Sister
- Robert Murphy, Brother-in-law
- Steward R. "Stu" Schaeffer, Father
- Hilda M. (Badman) Schaeffer, Mother
- John is also survived by triplet grandchildren, James E., Lyla R., and Rileigh P. Moulin. He was predeceased by a son John Erik (Jess) and brothers Steward R., Jr. (Corky) and Robert P. (Butch) Schaeffer.
Jess's Sunshine Fund
c/o Berks County Community Foundation 237 Court Street , Reading, PA 19601
- Viewing Monday, July 8, 2019
- Viewing Tuesday, July 9, 2019
- Funeral Service Tuesday, July 9, 2019
John W. Schaeffer
July 9, 2019
John was the best math teacher I ever had. He was so kind and patient with me he will be missed. My prayers and thoughts are with his family.
July 3, 2019
John taught me how to play chess in Ninth grade at BASH. It was much more interesting than Math!
RIP John and give Jess a high five for us ❤️