Lawrence Costa Sr.
February 10, 1934 – May 29, 2021
Lawrence Costa, Sr., 87, of Collegeville, companion of Joyce A. Kuras, passed away in the Phoenixville Hospital on Saturday May 29, 2021. Born in Philadelphia he was the last surviving son of the late Clarice “Mae” (Lisko) and Samuel W. Costa. He was first employed by Belmont Iron Works in Royersford. He also worked for the former LaSalle Steel in Spring City where he worked for many years and served as president of the Union. He later worked for the Pottsgrove School District and for Montgomery County in the Maintenance and Groundskeeping Department. Larry had a love of horses, often going on trail rides with his friends throughout his whole life. He was a member of the Gilbertsville Fire Company, the Gablesville Athletic Association and the VFW in Trappe. Larry is survived by his children, LuAnn M. wife of Richard VanRemmen of Elmira, NY., Carol Costa Barish, wife of Michael Barish of Baton Rouge, LA, Robin L. Garner of Boyertown, Marybeth L. wife of Gregory Leh of Gilbertsville, Kimberly S. wife of Barry Brown of Pottstown and Lawrence, Jr. husband of Shannon Costa of Quarryville. He is also survived by 15 grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren with a great grandson on the way. Larry is predeceased by his brothers, Joseph, Samuel and John. Friends and family may call at the Limerick Garden of Memories Chapel on Tuesday, June 8, 2021 from 10:00 to 11:00 A.M. Funeral Services will be held at Limerick Garden of Memories Chapel of the Good Shepherd on Tuesday June 8, 2021 at 11:00 AM. Interment will be in Limerick Garden of Memories.
- Joyce A. Kuras, Companion
- LuAnn M. VanRemmen (Richard), Daughter
- Carol Costa Barish (Michael), Daughter
- Robin L. Garner, Daughter
- Marybeth L. Leh (Gregory), Daughter
- Kimberly S. Brown (Barry), Daughter
- Lawrence Costa, Jr. (Shannon), Son
- Samuel W. Costa, Father (Deceased)
- Clarice "Mae" (Lisko) Costa, Mother (Deceased)
- Joseph Costa, Brother (Deceased)
- Samuel Costa, Brother (Deceased)
- John Costa, Brother (Deceased)
- Larry is also survived by fifteen grandchildren, thirteen great-grandchildren with a great-grandson on the way.
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
Tuesday, June 8, 2021