Jerry Alan Brown
May 29, 1947 – November 22, 2018
Jerry Alan Brown, 71, of Bridgeport passed away Thursday, November 22, 2018 near Ft. Collins, Colorado. He was born May 29, 1947 at Wray, Colorado to Eldon and Maxine (Byerly) Brown). He attended grade school in Weldona, CO. The family moved to Wellington, CO where he attended high school. Jerry worked various jobs before volunteering for the draft. He enlisted in the United States Army in 1967 and served his country until his honorable discharge in 1969. Jerry was point man in his platoon and served on the frontline in Viet Nam. He was wounded in action and received three Purple Hearts for his service to his country.
Jerry married Verna Anderson on January 19, 1969 in Ft Collins, CO. The couple made their home in Colorado, moved to Centennial, Wyoming in 1970, back to Wellington, CO, and finally to Bridgeport in 1992 where they purchased the family farm northeast of Bridgeport. Jerry loved farming and raising livestock.
Jerry served as the Commander of the Wellington VFW for several years and was a member of the Morrill County Sheriff’s Posse.
- Eldon Brown (deceased), Father
- Maxine (Byerly) Brown (deceased), Mother
- Verna (Anderson) Brown, Wife
- Shirley (John) Schuh, Sister
- Jerry Lee "Jake" (Rebecca) Brown, Son
- Shane (Ruth) Brown, Son
- Wendy Brown, Daughter
- Gary (Helen) Brown (deceased), Brother
- Lance Brown (deceased), Son
Extended Family Members
- "Jerry's Kids", Honorary
Veterans & Military Families Emergy Relief
PO Box 461, Scottsbluff, Nebraska 69363
- Visitation Thursday, November 29, 2018
- Celebration of Life Saturday, December 1, 2018