Norma Pauline (Ives) Moore
April 11, 1932 – November 16, 2018
Norma Pauline (Ives) Moore, 86, of Bridgeport, Nebraska, went to be with her Lord and Savior on November 16, 2018 surrounded by her loving family. Her memorial service will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at the Bridgeport Church of Christ with Pastor Jonathan Seng officiating. Inurnment will follow at Oregon Trail Memorial Cemetery in Bridgeport. Memorial donations may be given to the Alzheimer’s Association, the American Heart Association, or the Bridgeport Church of Christ. Bridgeport Memorial Chapel is assisting the family with arrangements. Online condolences may be left at www.bridgeportmemorialchapel.com Norma was born in Stockton, Kansas on April 11, 1932 to Harold and Hilma (Fisher) Ives. She graduated from Stockton High School and continued her education in business. Norma married Vern Arends on April 3, 1952; from that union two daughters were born. Norma later married Russell Moore, Sr on July 24, 1960 and from that union four additional daughters were born and five step-children joined the family.
First and foremost, Norma was a loving and devoted Christian Mother and Grandmother. She spent numerous years working in various customer support roles, retiring from Bateman’s Trading Post in Bridgeport, Nebraska after more than 10 years of dedicated service. In retirement, she spent countless hours nurturing her grandchildren. She was actively involved in her church, her faith, and was an avid reader, inspiring the passion for reading in others.
Norma is survived by sisters Elaine Yoxall, Ruth (Raleigh) Fenton and Dixie Rose; her daughters, Marcie (Ron) Blasko, Brighton, CO, Sandy (Joe) Hubbard, Abilene, KS, Sharon (Daniel) Huff, Bridgeport, NE, Lucette Moore, Kearney, NE, Pam (John) Geistlinger, Milford, NE, and Sue (Tim) Rice, Bridgeport, NE. Additionally, she’s survived by 17 grandchildren, 35 great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and other family and friends.
Norma was preceded in death by her parents, Harold and Hilma (Fisher) Ives, brothers A.J., Max and Dean Ives, sister Joyce (Ives) Keeten, and grandson Korban Moore.
- Harold Ashley Ives (deceased), Father
- Hilma Grace Ives (deceased), Mother
- Elaine Yoxall, Sister
- Ruth (Raleigh) Fenton, Sister
- Dixie Rose, Sister
- Marcie (Ron) Blasko, Daughter
- Sandy (Joe) Hubbard, Daughter
- Sharon (Daniel) Huff, Daughter
- Lucette Moore, Daughter
- Pam (John) Geistlinger, Daughter
- A.J. Ives (deceased), Brother
- Max Ives (deceased), Brother
- Dean Ives (deceased), Brother
- Joyce (Ives) Keeten (deceased), Sister
- Korban Moore (deceased), Grandson
Nieces, Nephews, and other family and friends
- Ashley Moore, Honorary Pallbearer
- Matthew Moore, Honorary Bearer
- Luke Moore, Honorary Bearer
- John Geistlinger, Honorary Bearer
- Daniel Huff, Honorary Bearer
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Heart Association
- Bridgeport Church Of Christ
- Memorial Service Wednesday, November 21, 2018
Norma Pauline (Ives) Moore
November 21, 2018
It saddens me to hear that Norma has passed. She was always such a joy to me. Always a laugh or kind word. I was honored to help with her care at the clinics. ( MCHC & CRMC.) May the lord give your family strength & guidance through your journey of closure. I will truly miss her. Linda S :).