May 17, 1947 – March 11, 2019
Leah Hant, 71 years old of Charleston, South Carolina, passed away peacefully on March 11, 2019.
She is survived by husband of 52 years, Joseph Hant; loving daughters Gail Hant-Ballin and Faye N. Hant-Somsky; adoring son Allan S. Hant; devoted son-in-Law Martin J. Somsky; and beloved grandchildren Joshua L. Ballin, Juliana R. Ballin, Jacob E. Somsky, Rebecca E. Somsky, Alexandria B. Hant, Julie E. Hant, Brady W. Hant, and Aidan R. Hant.
- Services will be held on Friday, March 15, 2019 at IJ Morris Funeral Home; 1700 Coney Island Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11230;
- Funeral will be held at Beth Israel Cemetery/Woodbridge Memorial, US Highway 1 North, Woodbridge Township, NJ 07095;
- Shiva will be held at 2701 Strickland Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11234
- Visitation Friday, March 15, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, March 15, 2019
- Committal Service Friday, March 15, 2019
March 21, 2019
Leah and I share a Birthdate, so naturally I think of her always on May 17th.
I worked for Joe and Leah when they first came to Florida. It was 1982 when they created Jolee Creations Jewelry.
I worked for them for 10 years.
They and their Family were more like Family than my Employers.
I love them all.
Thanks to Facebook I got to keep up with lives..their kids and Grandkids.
Leah adores them so..and is beyond proud of them.
My heart aches learning of her passing.
She was truly loved by me.
March 13, 2019
Leah was an amazing person. Leah was a very kind soul, sincere, loving, caring and compassionate lady. I will never forget how kind and compassionate Leah was when she first met my late wife Judy. Leah knew how ill Judy was and treated Judy with such compassion, kindness and sincerity Judy immediately considered Leah her best friend. They would talk for hours. The two of them talked like sisters.
Leah never had a bad word to say about anyone. Leah loved her husband Joe and all of her children and grandchildren with every piece of her existence.
Leah, may you rest in peace and say hi to Judy for all of us.
we love you.