Eileen Margaret Wenger
August 9, 1929 – March 17, 2020
Eileen Margaret Wenger, 90, of Palm Harbor, FL, entered into the loving arms of her Savior on Tuesday March 17, 2020. She was born in Harrisburg, PA on August 9, 1929, to the late Raymond A. and Florence L. (Hummer) Scott.
Eileen was preceded in death by husbands, Joseph B. Freundel and John R. Wenger and by her son, Jeffery J. Freundel. She was also predeceased by sisters, Dolores Palese and Gretchen Grogan and brother Raymond Scott.
She is survived by her loving daughters; Gayle (Robert) Farabaugh, Etters and Robin (Dennis) Helm, Camp Hill; a sister Rita Reid, Tarpon Springs, FL and a brother Garth (Susan) Hess of Harrisburg. Also surviving are four grandchildren: Robert Farabaugh Jr, Mandy Houser, Leidra Horton and Robert Granzow IV and 4 great grandchildren. Her dear friend, John J. Knight, is also left to mourn her passing.
Eileen retired as a Medicare claims operator from Highmark Blue Shield after 25 years of service. She was a member of St Luke The Evangelist Catholic Church, Palm Harbor, Fl and previously a member of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, Enola, Pa.
She was a beautiful, kind, energetic and generous person who loved all unconditionally. She leaves a treasury of her life stories through her book “An Unforgettable Life.” Her favorite motto was “If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to meet it!” Her faith, family and friends were the focus and blessings in her life.
Interment will be in Grantville Cemetery at the convenience of the family. A memorial mass will be celebrated at a future date at Holy Infant Church, Manchester, PA and St. Luke’s, Palm Harbor, FL.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Eileen’s name may be made to the Benign Essential Blepharospasm Research Foundation, Inc., PO Box 12468, Beaumont, TX 77726-2468.
- Raymond A. Scott, Father (deceased)
- Floence L. (Hummer) Scott, Mother (deceased)
- Joseph B. Freundel, Husband (deceased)
- John R. Wenger, Husband (deceased)
- Jeffery J. Freundel, Son (deceased)
- Dolores Palese, Sister (deceased)
- Gretchen Grogan, Sister (deceased)
- Raymond Scott, Brother (deceased)
- Gayle (Robert) Farabaugh, Daughter
- Robin (Dennis) Helm, Daughter
- Rita Reid, Sister
- Garth (Susan) Hess, Brother
- Robert Farabaugh Jr., Grandson
- Mandy Houser, Granddaughter
- Leidra Horton, Granddaughter
- Robert Granzow IV, Grandson
- Eileen also leaves behind 4 great grandchildren andher dear friend, John J. Knight.