Esther LaRue Nerat
February 8, 1935 – March 16, 2020
Esther LaRue (Skip) Nerat, 85, of Carlisle, PA, passed away on Monday March 16, 2020 at her daughter’s home.
Born February 8, 1935 in Windber, PA, to the late Frank and Nellie (Weaver) Shaffer.
She is preceded in death by – Her son Donald J. Nerat Jr.; brother Frank (Son) Shaffer; brother Clarence (Butch) Shaffer; brother Ernest (Buster) Shaffer and brother Rodney (Rod) Shaffer.
Surviving Skip is her loving husband, Donald Nerat; her son Barry Nerat; her daughter, Tammy Brewer; and her son-in-law Richard Brewer, whom she loved as if he was her own. In addition, Skip is survived by numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren, cousins, nieces, nephews , sister-in-law Margaret (Nerat) Raboin, with whom she shared a special relationship, and her Aunt Ann, who she loved dearly.
Skip was a homemaker, for most of her married life. Not a housewife – she wasn’t married to her house, but she defiantly made her house a home for all who entered. Skip was happiest when she was surrounded by her family and friends. She found humor in the silliest things and had such an infectious laugh, that when you heard her, you couldn’t help but laugh along with her, even if you had no idea what she found funny at that moment. Skip was a kind, loving and generous woman. She never turned anybody, in need, away. Skip had the gift of forgiveness. Not one to hold a grudge and always saw the good in people.
Esther Nerat will be missed by all who knew her.
A visitation will be held on Friday, March 20, from 9:00-11:00am, at Life House Church; 1534 Terrace Ave, Carlisle, PA 17013. Due to recent mandates, the funeral service, to be officiated by Pastor Kipp Penrod, will begin at 11:00am at Woodlawn Memorial Gardens; 4855 Londonderry Rd, Harrisburg, PA; with burial to follow.
- Frank Shaffer, Father (deceased)
- Nellie (Weaver) Shaffer, Mother (deceased)
- Donald J. Nerat Jr., Son (deceased)
- Frank (Son) Shaffer, Brother (deceased)
- Clarence (Butch) Shaffer, Brother (deceased)
- Ernest (Buster) Shaffer, Brother (deceased)
- Rodney (Rod) Shaffer, Brother (deceased)
- Donald Nerat, Husband
- Barry Nerat, Son
- Tammy Brewer (Richard), Daughter
- In addition, Skip is survived by numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren, cousins, nieces, nephews , sister-in-law Margaret (Nerat) Raboin, with whom she shared a special relationship, and her Aunt Ann, who she loved dearly.
- Visitation Friday, March 20, 2020
- Funeral Service Friday, March 20, 2020
- Burial Friday, March 20, 2020