Morris Isadore Leader
August 4, 1939 – January 8, 2020
Morris I. Leader, 80, of Mechanicsburg, passed away on Wednesday January 8, 2020 at Green Ridge Nursing Home with his loving family by his side.
Born on August 4, 1939 in Harrisburg, to the late, Reuben and Emma (Hoffman) Leader, he graduate from William Penn High School in 1957. He attended Lycoming College in Williamsport, PA.
He is preceded in death by his siblings Jan David Leader, Joanne Kirschner, Barbara Stauffer and Gail Latchford.
Morris is survived by his loving wife of 46 years, Cheryl A. Leader; his son Douglass Thompson Leader; daughter April Beard; granddaughter True Thompson Leader; grandson Nathan Beard; brothers Stanley Leader of Mechanicsburg and Charles Leader of Florida; sisters Melissa Adams and Debra Singer, both of Harrisburg, and various nieces and nephews.
He served in the armed forces for 3 years, worked for many years at the Pennsylvania Savings and Loan League, and finished his working career as a railroad engineer for Conrail. He enjoyed woodworking and Penn State football.
A funeral service will be at 12:00pm, Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at Neill Funeral Home; 3401 Market Street, Camp Hill, with a viewing from 11:00 to 12:00. Burial will be at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery; Annville, PA.
- Reuben Leader, Father (deceased)
- Emma (Hoffman) Leader, Mother (deceased)
- Cheryl A. Leader, Wife
- Douglass Thompson Leader, Son
- April Beard, Daughter
- Nathan Beard, Grandson
- True Thompson Leader, Granddaughter
- Jan David Leader, Brother (deceased)
- Stanley Leader, Brother
- Charles Leader, Brother
- Joanne Kirschner, Sister (deceased)
- Barbara Stauffer, Sister (deceased)
- Gail Latchford, Sister (deceased)
- Melissa Adams, Sister
- Debra Singer, Sister
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Visitation Wednesday, January 15, 2020
- Funeral Service Wednesday, January 15, 2020
- Burial Wednesday, January 15, 2020