Connie Jean (Stanbery) Dobbs
May 11, 1936 – May 1, 2018
Services for Connie Jean Stanbery Dobbs, 81, of Canton, are scheduled for 10 am Thursday, May 3, 2018, at Eubank Funeral Home in Canton with Tommy Garcia and Darrell Gilchrist officiating.
Mrs. Dobbs passed away May 1, 2018 in Tyler. She was born May 11, 1936 in the Jackson Community to Carl Calvin and Nora Bell Jennings Stanbery.
Jeannie was a member of the Little Hope Baptist Church. She lived in Dallas and Van Zandt County all of her life. Connie Jean enjoyed working puzzles and playing dominoes and other games. She loved spending time with her family. She loved her grandchildren, but her great-grandchildren held a special place in her heart.
Mrs. Dobbs is preceded in death by her parents, Carl and Nora Bell Stanbery; and five brothers: Harold Wayne, Arlon, Horace "Hawk," AC "Poodle," and Calvin Stanbery.
Connie Jean is survived by her husband, Billy Ray Dobbs; son, Donald Dobbs; daughter and son-in-law, Sherry and Darrell Gilchrist, all of Canton; three grandchildren: Stacy Russell and Pat Edwards of Wills Point, Melissa and Tommy Garcia of Canton and Carrie and Tommy Blue of Edom; nine great-grandchildren: Kelsey and Rusty Russell, Vivian and Haley Edwards, Mackenzie, Kirstin and Christian Garcia, and Madison and Morgan Blue; three sisters: Opal Earlene Mathis of Tyler, Carolyn Gail and Robert Harris of Kaufman and Dorothy Dale and Jimmy Eisenhower of Canton; numerous sister and brother-in-laws, cousins, nieces, nephews and friends.
Pallbearers are Billy Davis, Charles "Chunky" Dobbs, Carl Stanbery, Christopher Stanbery, Dale Ison and Robbie Chaffin.
Visitation will be 6-8 Wednesday evening at the funeral home.
Interment will be in Starr Cemetery.
- Billy Ray Dobbs, Husband
- Sherry & Darrell Gilchrist, Daughter
- Donald Dobbs, Son
- Stacy Russell and Pat Edwards, Grandchild
- Melissa & Tommy Garcia, Grandchild
- Carrie & Tommie Blue, Grandchild
- Kelsey & Rusty Russell, Great Grandchildren
- Vivian and Haley Edwards, Great Grandchildren
- MacKenzie, Kirstin & Christian Garcia, Great Grandchildren
- Madison & Morgan Blue, Great Grandchildren
- Opal Earlene Mathis, Sister
- Carolyn Gail & Robert Harris, Sister
- Dorothy Dale & Jimmy Eisenhower, Sister
- Carl Calvin Stanbery, Father
- Nora Bell Jennings Stanbery, Mother
- Arlon Stanbery, Brother
- Horace (Hawk) Stanbery, Brother
- A. C. (Poodle) Stanbery, Brother
- Calvin Stanbery, Brother
- Harold Wayne Stanbery, Brother
- Numerous sister & brothers-in-law, cousins, nieces, nephews and friends
- Billy Davis
- Charles "Chunky" Dobbs
- Carl Stanbery
- Christopher Stanbery
- Dale Ison
- Robbie Chaffin
- Funeral Service Thursday, May 3, 2018
- Visitation Wednesday, May 2, 2018
Connie Jean (Stanbery) Dobbs
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
May 2, 2018
So sorry to hear of the passing of Jeannie. We have been friends since we went to school together. Will miss her very much. Sending my love and prayers to her family.