April 16, 1925 – June 5, 2018
Services for Daphanee Wilburn, 93, of Canton, are scheduled for 1 pm Thursday, June 7, 2018, at the Eubank Funeral Home in Canton with Bro. Steve Glosup and Bro. George Decker officiating.
Mrs. Wilburn passed away Tuesday, June 5, 2018, in Canton. She was born April 16, 1925 to Clyde and Gertie Irene Mixon Gilmer.
Daphanee was a member of Tundra Baptist Church. She graduated from Martins Mill High School in 1942. She married Lecil Hardy Wilburn January 11, 1944. Daphanee obtained her beautician's license and was always ready to help someone do a perm or color. She enjoyed sewing, gardening and taking care of her family.
Mrs. Wilburn is preceded in death by her parents, Clyde and Gertie Irene Gilmer; husband, Hardy; two brothers: Coye and Odell Gilmer; and a sister-in-law, Maxine Lawley Gilmer.
Daphanee is survived by her daughter and her husband, Sheila and James Shaw of Canton; son and his wife, Dan Hardy and Pat Wilburn of Rowlett; two grandchildren: Brandon Hardy and Kelly Wilburn and Tiffany and Randy Young; three great-grandchildren: Luke Hardy Wilburn, Landon Young and Beckett Young; and sister-in-law, Billie Lawler.
Family will receive friends 6-8 pm Wednesday at the funeral home. Interment will be in Haven of Memories.
- Sheila & James Shaw, Daughter
- Dan Hardy & Pat Wilburn, Son
- Brandon Hardy & Kelly Wilburn, Grandson
- Tiffany & Randy Young, Granddaughter
- Luke Hardy Wilburn, Landon Young, Beckett Young, 3 Great Grandchildren
- Billie Lawler, Sister-in-law
- Lecil Hardy Wilburn, Husband
- Clyde Gilmer, Father
- Gertie Irene Mixon, Mother
- Coye & Odell Gilmer, 2 Brothers
- Maxine Lawley Gilmer, Sister-in-law
- Visitation Wednesday, June 6, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, June 7, 2018