Richard Dean Johnson
September 20, 1935 – February 5, 2020
Funeral service for Richard Dean Johnson, 84, of Canton will be at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 8, 2020 at Eubank Funeral Home. Bro. Steve Glosup officiating.
Richard passed away on February 5, 2020 in Tyler, TX. He was born on September 20, 1935 to Roy and Geraldine Johnson.
He grew up in Smith County. Richard was a Korean War Veteran in the Navy. On April 20, 1957 he married Patricia Taylor. They moved to the Canton area in 1997 after Richard retired from Sears. They were married 57 years.
Richard's favorite pastimes were hunting, loading his own ammunition, and playing a game of Hand and Foot with either his hunting buddies or family. He also enjoyed reading western novels and watching his favorite movies like Jeremiah Johnson. In his later years, some of his greatest joy came from riding four wheelers with his family, especially in Colorado on the ATV trails near Ouray and Lake City as well as teaching all the grandkids to shoot. He loved his family with all his heart and will be greatly missed by family and friends.
Richard is survived by his brothers, Al and Cecil Florida; daughter, Sandy and Larry Minchew; grandchildren, Mike and Meagan Minchew, Brandon and Jessica Minchew, Amber and Tom Lingenfelter, Christopher and Jill Johnson, and Toni Johnson and Justin Brunner; great grandchildren, Sam, Josh, McKenzy, Annabelle, Harper, McCoy, Tristan, Ocean, Jace, Allysin, Case, and Weslyn.
He is preceded in death by his wife, Patricia Johnson and son, Richard Dean Johnson Jr.
Family will receive friends from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 8, 2020.
Interment will be at Haven of Memories in Canton.
- Al Florida, Brother
- Cecil Florida, Brother
- Sandy and Larry Minchew, Daughter
- Mike and Meagan Minchew, Grandchild
- Brandon and Jessica Minchew, Grandchild
- Amber and Tom Lingenfelter, Grandchild
- Christopher and Jill Johnson, Grandchild
- Toni Johnson and Justin Brunner, Grandchild
- Allysin, Case, Weslyn, Harper, McCoy, Tristan, Sam, Josh, Anabelle, McKenzy, Ocean, Jace, Great Grandchildren
- Patricia Lee Johnson, Wife (deceased)
- Richard Dean Johnson, Jr., Son (deceased)
- Roy Johnson, Father (deceased)
- Geraldine Hopkins Johnson, Mother (deceased)
- Mike Minshew
- Brandon Minchew
- Tom Lingenfelter
- Christopher Johnson
- Sam Minchew
- Josh Minchew
- Visitation Saturday, February 8, 2020
- Funeral Service Saturday, February 8, 2020