Eldon Stanley Smith
July 27, 1926 – January 7, 2019
Eldon Stanley Smith, age 92, of Denver, Colorado passed away on Monday, January 7, 2019. Eldon was born July 27, 1926 in Kill Creek, Kansas to parents, Ida Ester (Swander) and Gordon Elijah Smith, who preceded him in death. He is also preceded in death by his wife of 38 years, Maxine (Lewis) Smith; his sister, Florence (Ray) Grenz; his twin brother, Earl J. (Eileen) Smith; and his sister-in-law, Charlene Smith. Eldon is survived by his daughter, Karyn D. Csencsits of Colorado Springs, CO; his son, Kirk (Barbara) Smith of Denver, CO; his grandchildren, Jason (Ashley) Stoker of Fort Collins, CO, Beth (Zedd) Lequezre of Aurora, CO, April (Keala Bentosino) Barkhausen-Bentosino of Lakewood, CO and Elijah Smith of Littleton, CO; his great-grandchildren, Sia, Shane & Nash Stoker all of Fort Collins, CO, Nalikah Stoker, Isabelle & Dylan Johns all of Aurora, CO, Kahea, Kama lei, Kahiau Bentosino and Anela Barkhausen-Bentosino all of Lakewood, CO; his brothers, Eldred W. Smith of San Diego, CA and Duane Smith of Fort Wayne, TX; his son-in-law, Greg Stoker of Alamosa, CO; numerous nieces and nephews and other loving family and friends.
A Visitation for Eldon will be held Saturday, January 12, 2019 from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm at Olinger Chapel Hill Mortuary & Cemetery, 6601 S Colorado Blvd, Centennial, CO 80121, followed immediately by a Funeral Service in the chapel at 2:00 pm. A Celebration of Life Reception will follow services at the home of Kirk and Barbara Smith.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.olingerchapelhill.com for the Smith family.
- Ida Ester (Swander and Gordon Elijah Smith, Parents
- Maxine (Lewis) Smith, Wife
- Florence (Ray) Grenz, Sister
- Earl J. (Eileen) Smith, Twin Brother
- Charlene Smith, Sister-in-law
- Karyn D. Csencsits, Daughter
- Kirk (Barbara) Smith, Son
- Jason (Ashley) Stoker, Grandchild
- Beth (Zedd) Lequezre, Grandchild
- April (Keala Bentosino) Barkhausen-Bentosino, Grandchild
- Elijah Smith, Grandchild
- Sia Stoker, Great Grandchild
- Shane Stoker, Great Grandchild
- Nash Stoker, Great Grandchild
- Nalikah Stoker, Great Grandchild
- Isabelle Johns, Great Grandchild
- Dylan Johns, Great Grandchild
- Kahea Benticino, Great Grandchild
- Kama lei Benticino, Great Grandchild
- Kahiau Benticino, Great Grandchild
- Anela Barkhausen-Bentosino, Great Grandchild
- Eldred W. Smith, Brother
- Duane Smith, Brother
- Greg Stoker, Son-in-law
- Jason Stoker, Honorary
- Elijah Smith, Honorary
- Visitation Saturday, January 12, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, January 12, 2019
Eldon Stanley Smith
January 11, 2019
Eldon each summer had a table facing Missouri Way w/vegetables/apples etc.
for sale -- honor system -- you would select something and put money in dish.
Also remember he had a metal detector -- he found something in my lawn that I had dropped.
Sorry for your loss!!